What does everyone do for a living?

Retired engineering technician. Machinery diagnostics and material sciences. Why do big things break. Worked all over the country and beyond. Worked on nuclear subs, drag lines, steam turbines, ball and rod mills, aircraft carrier aircraft launch systems, nuclear power plants, advanced warning system radars etc etc etc.

They are amazing Angela. I remember the first time I saw a similar one to
yours, I thought it was real.
There was a TV documentary a few years ago, about people who go to
great lengths to buy one, and actually take it out in a pushchair.

Ah thank you. Actually what you saw were vinyl dolls they call reborn, they purchase a blank vinyl doll and do the painting, adding hair, clothing and everything so that they look real. What I do is the beginning stages, I sculpt them from polymer clay, sometimes I have them reproduced in vinyl and sell them blank, but mostly I sculpt, I mold my original sculpts, pour them in silicone, they have a realistic feel 😳 and sell to adult doll collectors. For some they are therapy, for others they just love having them around and they don't talk back.😆 Thank you again!!

I recently got a job as a hostess at a kinda popular restaurant, but I'm currently going to school to become a physical therapist assistant, I also want to start my own etsy business ( Or start my own online business) but my skills aren't quite there yet.

I recently got a job as a hostess at a kinda popular restaurant, but I'm currently going to school to become a physical therapist assistant, I also want to start my own etsy business ( Or start my own online business) but my skills aren't quite there yet.

Good luck :wish:

I get to ride around in the bucket truck,,wife calls me tinker bell.LOL.Tree service is a lot of fun but the older I get I’m thinking it’s a young mans game..Getting close to selling out and going to landscaping,or maybe somthing easier anyhow.

Attachments

• 30ADC345-09EA-4427-A3B9-CB1663CC86DE.jpg
    30ADC345-09EA-4427-A3B9-CB1663CC86DE.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • 9358DECB-A6DE-4DB3-89FE-8D9E89B87FD5.jpg
    9358DECB-A6DE-4DB3-89FE-8D9E89B87FD5.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,079
I get to ride around in the bucket truck,,wife calls me tinker bell.LOL.Tree service is a lot of fun but the older I get I’m thinking it’s a young mans game..Getting close to selling out and going to landscaping,or maybe somthing easier anyhow.

I wish I had the use of one of those trucks for even just one day to trim back some of the high up overhang on several trees on our property.

When we first moved to our property there were about 4 huge trees we took down ourselves (was on a tight budget) but we were very careful, I took long heavy rope and tied it high enough up in the tree and stretched it tight to another tree away from the house and made sure to cut in a way for it to fall away from the house, all 4 trees came down without a problem and later provided us with some free firewood for our fireplace.

It was a relief to not have those trees that were too close to the house.

Replied to this thread many years ago, but will again!

NOTHING!! :cool3: Been retired 13 years now, but did work for our local gas & electric utility for almost 40 years. :D

All of my adult life I have been a mechanical technician of some sort. Early on I worked on tractor trailer rigs. Mostly on the tractors and the engines. The next part of my career I worked with a German company that produced high speed packaging machines. I retired after 26 years or so with "Focke & Co Inc". They are based in "Verden Germany". Since I retired I bought my self a metal detector which I use whenever I can get away from the house. I can't say I'm very successful at this point. I just need to find some old sites.

I am a microbiologist in central Indiana, new to the forum.

If anyone is local, shoot me a message. I would love to coin hunt some time.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom