• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gift from a friend

Silversmith45

Elite Member
I am also a member on a Facebook forum about knives. several years ago I had an expensive knife collection stolen. At the time it was probably worth about three thousand dollars. Many of them are no longer made and now are probably worh about ten times what they were then. I am trying to rebuild another collection. I have been trying to add at least one a week but this time most are ten dollar knives because I can't afford expensive knives anymore. There are actually a lot of good knives that aren't that expensive. Today in the mail I received an expensive knife in the mail. It's made by Houge. It sells for more than a hundred dollars. That's expensive for me. A friend who reads my posts sent it. It's used but in nice shape. Knives are made to be used anyway. There used to be a Knife forum on here but I couldn't find it.
FKA1.jpg

What a thoughtful gift from your friend! It's nice that you're rebuilding your knife collection, Richard. Collections don't have to be expensive to bring us pleasure. While I don't collect knives, I do carry a Swiss Army pocket knife in my purse (the Classic SD, which was gifted to me.) What sort of things do you like to look for in a good knife?

Last edited:
That looks like a very nice knife and a thoughtful gift. :cool3: My carry knife is a Smith & Wesson Oasis. :D

Attachments

• Smith & Wesson Oasis Knife (Resized).jpg
    Smith & Wesson Oasis Knife (Resized).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom