View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 02:30 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by DIGGER27: A Chinese coin but I will take it.
Qing Dynasty, minted between 1736-1795 so at least 225 years old, probably older than that.
Who knows how it got here or when it was lost but that is one of the fun things about this hobby.

Took the F5 with the small round F75 sniper coil still mounted across the street to that lawn because we got rain and the site became live again, I was gonna change back to the Nel but I was too lazy.
Once again your yard hunting was rewarding. Again, I'm glad to hear the F75 5" DD coil is working, but technically it isn't supposed to be working all that well. Too bad you don't have the proper 5" DD coil for the F5.

I was out a bit the last few days, when the wind eased up and the temperature rose, and was mainly comparing the three 'standard-size' coils I have for the F5. The 11" BiAxial, the 10" Elliptical Concentric, and the round 7" Concentric. About them all, I sure wish FTP would make their search coils with the rod-mount ears at or closer to the center-axis of the coil. All three of these coils have the rod positioned too far to the rear.

However, as I have experienced in the past with an Omega 8000 and F44, I really enjoyed using the round 7" Concentric search coil the most. I think that's the coil I am going to leave mounted on the F5 as a full-time, grab-and-hunt set-up. The 5" DD is on a spare lower rod should I feel a need for it.

There are a lot of features with the F5 that I really like and help make it a very good fit for my Coin & Jewelry Hunting needs as a Daily-Use Team model that rides in my vehicle. Warmer weather is due by the weekend and I hope you'll have some huntable weather over your way as well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... or ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Detector Outfit: An assortment of favorite detector makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.