View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 05:29 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by DIGGER27: So the last few hunts I tried the big 11" F75 DD and yesterday I threw on the F75 round 5" DD coil.
One worked just ok, the other much better.
Well, I wish you were not on the wrong side of the country as I would gladly let you share some of my coils as I work on my multi-detector product review.

It's never a good idea to work coils on a detector that were not designed for or tuned for that detector. I many cases some detectors won't even turn-on and operate at all, while others might operate terribly.

I got the last batch of detectors I purchased a week ago in on Monday so I have been very busy, day and night, working on product reviews and comparisons with all of these detectors. In some cases I do not have a smaller-size coil or a mid-size coil, or any over-size search coils for them. However, for the brand new Fisher F5 and Teknetics Omega-8500 units, I am able to use the following 'proper' search coils that they share:

4" Concentric
5" Double-D
7" Concentric
10" Concentric elliptical
11" BiAxial (aka Double-D)

I have my two 'Special-Use Team' units at-the-ready with their smaller coils for taking on the nastiest of iron contaminated old sites I like to hunt. I also have my two all-time favorite non-display (aka "Beep-and-Dig") Tesoro's on-hand. But I have been both reviewing several models in-the under $550 price range, and also taking a look at my personal Detector Outfit to make any adjustments with them that appeals to me.

As of today it looks like two of my new models are going to be staying put on the back seat of my vehicle or hanging on my den wall display The Teknetics T2+ w/over-sized coil for hunting wide-open areas, and the Fisher F5 for my routine 'Daily-Use Team' needs, and now I just need to decide which search coil I want to keep mounted to it on a full-time, ready-to-grab basis. It's cool today and colder tomorrow, but I plan to work both my T2+ and F5 at a couple of local parks and the rodeo grounds, but this time I'll have the round 7" Concentric coil mounted on the F5 for the next couple of days.

I sure wish winter wasn't arriving soon as i want to put more hunt-time in. I wish you had some of the 'proper' coils to use with your F5 as it might make a difference.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... or ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Detector Outfit: An assortment of favorite detector makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.