The Castle has a new Royal Coach in the stable UPDATE with pics

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, the old Royal Chariot was fun while it lasted, but time has come for His Majesty to ride in more style and comfort than provided by the Chariot. KT put in a month of online searching in His Royal Realm for quality used Coaches, and finally today found what He has been needing. More style, comfort, and luxury…had considered many different vehicles, but it was narrowed down to 3 Models, 2 sedans and 1 SUV. Last weekend KT and Prince John visited several local dealers and tried out the 2 sedans…Lexus ES and Toyota Avalon. Each had its own pluses and minuses, with Lexus slightly in the lead. Prices higher than the old King really wanted to pay, and both were so low that it was hard for KT to climb out of them due to bad knees. So after waiting a week, today We went seeking again to test drive the SUV option. Drove a 2013 Lincoln MKX, and were greatly impressed, very tight, well designed vehicle, plenty of comfort options, good reliability ratings by Consumer Reports, and the price was within KT’s financial grasp, without emptying the Royal Pocket Book. There was another MKX on the lot, but it was twice the price, being 3 years newer. So the deal was struck and next Saturday KT will pay it off and be chauffeured back to the Castle! KT had been looking for any color with a light colored interior, moderately difficult to find as most black vehicles have black interior, which in the southern USA is way too hot for our summers. The Queen required a backup camera and KT has a large selection of music CDs, so He was wanting that, it has all of that and much much more, heated and cooled front bucket seats, heated rear seats, highly adjustable front seats, split zone temperature controls for the front, navie system, split rear seats and folding rear seats for more carry capacity, towing capacity of 3500 pounds, v-6 naturally aspirated engine, open enough engine bay to access all fluids, full sized spare, several hidden storage spaces, electric open/closing tailgate. For an 8 year old vehicle, it was quiet riding and powerful enough, not a squeak, rattle, or clunk on potholed streets, but a stiff enough ride to feel the road (not an old style floater vehicle that many earlier Lincoln’s were).

KT has already ordered a window sticker for it, which will be featured in another post in this thread later, once it is placed on the back end.

So much for KT getting anything else for Christmas! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Happy Holidays to all! :D:D

Last edited:
Congrats to you! Pics or didn’t happen lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds nice KT post a pic or two if you can!
Is the nicest Coach KT has ever had! :lol::lol:

Congrats to you! Pics or didn’t happen lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laughing::laughing: You guys! KT could post some stock pictures but will wait until next Saturday when His Majesty drives it back to the Castle...then pictures will be forthcoming!

Tough times for vehicle purchases when looking for something "fit for a king". I would have suggested a Mercury Monarch.

Tough times for vehicle purchases when looking for something "fit for a king". I would have suggested a Mercury Monarch.

Great suggestion, John! You would make a great Royal Court Jester, with that comment! :jester::jester::bouncy:

Was the payment made in 50 half dollar coins you already went through ?

Fortunately, KT still maintains good relations with the Royal Dump Bank, so no spare halves are carried over from week to week!

KT spent the entire day getting the Royal Coach ducks lined up in a row. First, His Majesty secured the cashiers check from the Royal Bank, then the Insurance was switched from the olde Chariot to the newer Royal Coach on the pickup date, finally on the Bill of Sale, KT noted the Queen’s first name was misspelled, so the dealer was called and edicts given to have that corrected before the Title exchanges hands. Finally, the olde Chariot buyer was contacted as to when, at his personal convenience, to pay for and pick up the vehicle. Slowly, but surely, all the Royal ducks are lining up! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Pictures shall be posted Saturday afternoon!

:kingdances::detector:Among royalty a new or used coach usually means selling off some of the crown jewels.

If a Mercury Monarch is not available you could have considered a Ford Crown Victoria or a Buick Regal.

A couple of years ago i started making a list of car models that were named for occupations.

Came up with a couple dozen. Along with the Monarch Mercury has also given us the Mariner and the Mountaineer.

From Subaru we have the Forester. Lincoln has an Aviator and Navigator and Toyota has the Starlet.

Nissan gives us the Pathfinder and Dodge has the Diplomat. Yada yada yada.

Speaking of yada yada yada, i saw a Seinfeld episode recently where Kramer was swinging a metal detector on a beach in the Hamptons. His swing was wildly bad and he managed to detect a metal plate in the head of a sleeping sun bather.

:kingdances::detector:Among royalty a new or used coach usually means selling off some of the crown jewels.

If a Mercury Monarch is not available you could have considered a Ford Crown Victoria or a Buick Regal.

A couple of years ago i started making a list of car models that were named for occupations.

Came up with a couple dozen. Along with the Monarch Mercury has also given us the Mariner and the Mountaineer.

From Subaru we have the Forester. Lincoln has an Aviator and Navigator and Toyota has the Starlet.

Nissan gives us the Pathfinder and Dodge has the Diplomat. Yada yada yada.

KT originally thought He would like one of those early ‘70s Lincoln Continental land ships, but after investigating them, He found none for less than around $20k, primarily because every one of them had had major restoration and they are considered “classic” cars, which basically means if you find one for sale, it is just too expensive for a daily driver! But KT did locate a Lincoln and will be soon driving it. And KT does enjoy the modern conveniences of the newer coaches. The Queen was insistent on a back up camera and KT needed a CD player. The leather appointments, wood trim, smooth ride, etc., provide a real sense of Royal luxury, something that the olde Chariot just never had.

Have never heard of any vehicle named…Earth scientist, geologist, yada yada, or they would have been investigated! :laughing::laughing:

Always nice get a reliable newer ride to rely on, congrats KT! Got 3 cars here, a 2017 family car and the older family car a 2007, and then a smaller 2003. Need to ditch the latter two and get a better second car some day…Looking forward to your rear window sticker pic!

Always nice get a reliable newer ride to rely on, congrats KT! Got 3 cars here, a 2017 family car and the older family car a 2007, and then a smaller 2003. Need to ditch the latter two and get a better second car some day…Looking forward to your rear window sticker pic!
Prices on used right now are insane! I’m being hounded every day via email, local dealer where I bought my 2020 Silverado is offering me $6k more than I originally paid.

:kingdances::detector:Among royalty a new or used coach usually means selling off some of the Crown Jewels.

John, no Crown Jewels in this instance. The down payment came from some of the money KT made with the sale of the Royal Mineral Collection, back in late 2019. The balance is money KT had sitting in the Royal Savings Account, drawing an infinitesimally small interest rate.

When KT considered the dealer and banks offered interest rate, it made sense to pay off the balance ASAP. KT was forced to begin to draw money from the Royal IRA account last year, due to His Majesty’s age. It had set in that savings account for a year and had drawn less than $7 interest! KT calculated the cost of the possible loan interest and most important, the added insurance cost for full coverage vs. liability only, and this amounted to several thousand $ over the suggested 48 month loan.

The old saying …it takes money to make money applies in this situation. So tomorrow, when KT rides off the dealer’s lot, He will have in hand the title free and clear. Then the only thing left to pay is the State’s sales tax of 6%, which will happen when KT licenses the new Coach.

In February, the next government forced IRA withdrawal, so the savings account will soon be replenished.

In case you wonder, KT’s father was a banker, and later in life an insurance agent. Fortunately, as KT grew up, some of the Royal Father’s knowledge dealing with these subjects rubbed off on the young Kinglet! :laughing::laughing:

Royal Thanks for your comments, GroundSweeper! In KT’s situation, there are 3 vehicles also…the Queen’s nearly new Honda, Prince John’s older Honda, and KT’s truck, the oldest of all. It recently topped 216k miles so it was time.

Prices on used right now are insane! I’m being hounded every day via email, local dealer where I bought my 2020 Silverado is offering me $6k more than I originally paid.

Yes, amc rule, KT understands. The Queen gets plenty of mail from the local Honda dealer, often offering 110% of the original purchase price to buy a new vehicle. Less than two month’s after KT paid off the Royal Chariot, they started offering over the sale price as a trade in and that was 10 years ago! Just a gimmick to get you to finance a new loan through them..again!

KT had certain criteria while looking for a newer coach…most important was comfort, defined as quality of ride, adjustability of seats and steering wheel, and ease of use of accessories. All 3 of the coaches KT test drove met these needs, however the two sedans set so low to the ground it was difficult for KT with His Royal bad knees to climb out of. The Lincoln has just the exact seat height that KT requires for easy entrance/exit. As KT ages, this knee situation will do nothing if get worse, so…..

The olde Royal Chariot sits tall, and is difficult for shorter people to climb into, and with KT’s recent re-injury of his left knee, he discovered that when climbing in it, He had to “drag” it up and in…not fun! And the ride is typical of any truck with heavy duty stiff suspension. So KT’s friends will also appreciate this newer Royal Coach for ease of entry and surroundings.

Here are the pics! HA HA

For those requesting pics, here they are!

Attachments

• MKX01.jpg
    MKX01.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 162
  • MKX02.jpg
    MKX02.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 166
  • MKX03.jpg
    MKX03.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 166
  • mkx04.jpg
    mkx04.jpg