Huge New Permission (Can't Wait!)

Lee1968

Elite Member
I am pretty excited, though I haven't hunted it yet. 3 years ago, my wife and I came out of the woods at our deer lease, and a truck pulled up next to ours. It was a guy that had shot a deer and it went on to our property, and he was looking for permission to try to find it. He is deaf, but I know the alphabet in sign, and we were able to communicate. We put our guns up, and spent the next 1 1/2 hours looking for his deer with him in the freezing cold. Sadly, we lost the trail, but he appreciated our gesture. Today, I was leaving the woods after bow hunting, and he stopped to see how I had done. We didn't have each other's phone number (for texting), so I gave him one of my metal detecting cards. His teenage son was with him, and said he loved doing that, but he only has a cheap detector. His house was built in the 1870's, and the land he farms used to have several old mining shacks on it. He said I am welcome to all of it if I like! :D. I told his son to call me anytime he wants to go out, and I will loan him my AT Pro to use while I am with him. He seemed stoked. Now if I can get the weather to cooperate, I will spend the winter trying to cover as much of it as I can!!

Great opportunity... good luck!

Mining? For coal? Gold? Copper?

Thanks! It was a coal mine from ~1900 - 1915. It had 8 "2 room cottages", and a 2 story building to house multiple miners. It has all been torn down, and is now an empty farm field.

Thanks! It was a coal mine from ~1900 - 1915. It had 8 "2 room cottages", and a 2 story building to house multiple miners. It has all been torn down, and is now an empty farm field.

My grandfather and great grandfather were coal miners not far from you.

I was born in one of those coal company houses in Wv. Many years later Dad bought one. It had four rooms. Got to be some good targets there. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom