Explain your Username

I used to be into model railroading a LONG LONG time ago. NickelPlate Road was a local historic RR in my area and I've used it ever since.

Do I really need to explain? Metal detecto. Or I can just change it to josh, who knows.

Metal detecto is a "neato" username :laughing:

.....but with a username name like that you need your own comic book ! :laughing: (just joking, all in fun :lol:)
Josh-comic-adventures of Metal detecto.jpg

I had to pick something that was relatively benign because "Stud" and "Big Richard" were already taken.

Bioheat1969, so about 10 years ago, I didn't make a lot of money, so I started making biodiesel and converted my furnace to use it, I did that for about 5 years. When I joined a biodiesel forum I made this username with the year I was born as part of it. I've used it ever since, mostly because I'm too lazy to change it or remember new ones

in the old days, I had a CB radio in mt cars/trucks and we all had "Names" like here on the Forums. I figured a speaker is some times called a Horn and sometimes a cheaper thing was called TIN - TinHorn - in those days & lot of guys called me still

TinHorn3 ? I think TinHorn - TinHorn2 - etc here said names are taken but was might me when I tried signing in :wow:

This was a fun thread to skim through, some great backstories! For me, I'm Canadian and I stereotypically love the taste and smell of maple lol. Plus I have an Evo project car that I have themed red and white. Pretty straightforward, just stuff I like 😃

New to metal detecting since retirement is right around the corner. Recently purchased the Garrett AT Max and Ace Apex. Then stumbled upon this site in my md research and needed a username.

So Max Apex was "born."

My name doesn't come from "the shining". I stole it from a video game character that used to say it alot- can't even remember which one, maybe Spiro the dragon. 3 U's and my birth yr because everything else was taken. 20yrs later, it's still my go to.

My name doesn't come from "the shining". I stole it from a video game character that used to say it alot- can't even remember which one, maybe Spiro the dragon. 3 U's and my birth yr because everything else was taken. 20yrs later, it's still my go to.

.....when I first saw the username it did seem as if you were a fan of that movie :lol:

I was going to post a link to a funny animation relating that movie to metal detecting, but hey, I'll post it anyhow :lol:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3323657#post3323657

Digger Boy

I'm a Huge Benny Hill fan, so initially I was going to use "Digger Blue", a character played by Benny Hill.
Digger Blue is a Detective, but not a Detectorist.
If I had chosen Digger Blue I would even have my own theme song:

Then I thought about what my Dad would say if he saw me digging pull tabs out of a littered park, he would jokingly say "Dig Boy Dig" - so I was going to go with Dig Boy Dig.
But then I just shortened it to "Digger Boy" :digginahole:

Kamogawa

I lived in Kyoto, Japan in a house next to the Kamo Gawa. "Kamo Gawa" in Japanese translates to "Duck River" in English. The river runs right through the old capital of Japan. Once a mighty river prone to flooding large areas, it was was slowly tamed over two thousand years to the point where you can now cross it by foot in most places. It is a popular tourist spot for cherry blossom viewing in the spring.

TMI, right? lol

Back
Top Bottom