U.S Scoop makers. Ever try a Honey Badger?

A couple days ago i saw landscapers blowing leaves into a pile with lithium battery powered blowers while the gasoline generator was charging batteries

Its like electric cars what is the power source for these charging stations... most likely fossil fuels... :lol:

A couple days ago i saw landscapers blowing leaves into a pile with lithium battery powered blowers while the gasoline generator was charging batteries

Would rather carry a lithium battery around all day or a 2 stroke motor + fuel?

Have you ever seen a lithium fire? Can't be put out with water... gotta let it burn...

So much for lithium powered buses in this CT town...

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022...-with-diesels-following-massive-battery-fire/

I watched it burn... it was on the news... they had to let it burn...

Looks like it's just until they investigate the fire. Don't worry though we had a couple of gas powered buses here go up in flames, you don't have to miss out on fires with traditional engines either.

Side note, you put out lithium fires you use dry chemical to put it out. lots of phone places have a bucket of sand close by to dump on it.

Looks like it's just until they investigate the fire. Don't worry though we had a couple of gas powered buses here go up in flames, you don't have to miss out on fires with traditional engines either.

Side note, you put out lithium fires you use dry chemical to put it out. lots of phone places have a bucket of sand close by to dump on it.

I've seen some of the bike batteries light up while charging and even being carried up in elevators.. A puff of smoke, a small flane and then within 5 seconds there is one of the most intense fires you will ever see.

Would rather carry a lithium battery around all day or a 2 stroke motor + fuel?

I would much rather leave a gas can in the back of my truck and come back and refill the two stroke than come back and refill the generator, i just finished a massive fire prevention job on my property using both a 2 stroke weed wacker and a battery powered weedwacker both same brand same attachments .the 2 stoke was far superior in performance and convenience

I would much rather leave a gas can in the back of my truck and come back and refill the two stroke than come back and refill the generator, i just finished a massive fire prevention job on my property using both a 2 stroke weed wacker and a battery powered weedwacker both same brand same attachments .the 2 stoke was far superior in performance and convenience

What kind of battery weedwacker was it though. I've got an 82v blower and it weights 1/3 the old 2 stroke did and it's like a jet engine, the air it pumps out is amazing, if I needed a refill it just a battery swap.

What kind of battery weedwacker was it though. I've got an 82v blower and it weights 1/3 the old 2 stroke did and it's like a jet engine, the air it pumps out is amazing, if I needed a refill it just a battery swap.

Both Ryobi going 6 hours straight hard to keep batteries charged

What are the specs on it? My blower is pushing out a 1000cfm top of the line redmax... those battery blowers are worthless having to change the batteries within the hour for someone using them continuous...

Wearing 25 pounds is no issue for me... and I am an old guy now:yes: been using these things 34 years now...

https://www.redmax.com/us/products/leaf-blowers/ebz8560/970499301/

What are the specs on it? My blower is pushing out a 1000cfm top of the line redmax... those battery blowers are worthless having to change the batteries within the hour for someone using them continuous...

Wearing 25 pounds is no issue for me... and I am an old guy now:yes: been using these things 34 years now...

I am never giving up my Husky 360 leaf blower. EVER! Weight 23.2 lbs.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/leaf-blowers/360bt/?bvstate=pg:3/ct:r

Lol

:?: Is this a landscaping thread , or a scoop thread :crazy::confused: , mean time Earl gets it done with a 61 inch Scag Turf Tiger 2 -
-35hp - :laughing:, Echo 25cc weed wacker, Husquarna gas blower , PS If Chuck comes back he's going to have to spend a few dollars on equipment :yes: Called Xtreme , left a message for John to give me a call , if he calls back ill let everyone know whats going on .

Called Xtreme , left a message for John to give me a call , if he calls back ill let everyone know whats going on .

So far Xtreme won't return my emails. Maybe Chuck needs to get started? I was going to design my own, but my welder is down. FWIW if you google it Earl the place Xtreme uses to cut out the scoops, anybody can use as far as i know. Then appears a Master welder assembles them at another business.

Last edited:
So far Xtreme won't return my emails. Maybe Chuck needs to get started? I was going to design my own, but my welder is down. FWIW if you google it Earl the place Xtreme uses to cut out the scoops, anybody can use as far as i know. Then appears a Master welder assembles them at another business.

One problem I see is: Some of the scoop makers in Ukraine are doing good work and have reasonable prices. The problem is the hole size in the scoop!!
I want and NEED my scoop to DRAIN so I need 9/16 holes at a minimum. Try that some time with a Ukraine maker. I even offered to wait up to 6 months....NO was the answer.
I still like RTG, nothing like good aluminum with a SS Tip. Light, strong, and easily repairable!

One problem I see is: Some of the scoop makers in Ukraine are doing good work and have reasonable prices. The problem is the hole size in the scoop!!
I want and NEED my scoop to DRAIN so I need 9/16 holes at a minimum. Try that some time with a Ukraine maker. I even offered to wait up to 6 months....NO was the answer.
I still like RTG, nothing like good aluminum with a SS Tip. Light, strong, and easily repairable!

I had to finally retire my RTG years ago. Was rough on high dollar sunglasses. But the worst of it was just the fact it sinks. Ash handle or carbon fiber floats up. Occasionally i may lose the grip on the lanyard after a wave hits and have to find the scoop with a detector or trip over it. Our water you can't even see your armcuff much less a scoop on the bottom. I agree on the bigger holes. Thinking about ordering the 14 gauge 316 stainless and drilling and bending it myself. Instead of round tubing for the shaft i may weld a hexagon one?

As far as i know , he had one welder working , didn't send anything out !

May be possible something happened to his master welder? This day and age anything can happen. My friend next door i grew up with younger than me died Monday.

Itsaring / Cfm-ct

Checked Myers , in stock , guess they are the CA . knock off Stealths , 720I with cf HANDLE 434.95 920IX WITH CF HANDLE 449.95 , PS Cfm-ct Myers never sold Xtreme , John sold direct , Earl

1000CFM is a lot, mine is pushing 600CFM but does it at 250MPH

Back
Top Bottom