Federal Reserve Museum! *coins to drool on

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
Don't know how well it's known, but I thought I would share.

This past weekend I took a little trip with my best girl to Kansas City, Missouri and we happened into the Federal Reserve's Money Museum while we were passing through. It's a building lobby of a museum, but there's a view of the vault and cash counting rooms which were impressive by any means. The main attraction inside was the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection. It was broken down by president and which coins they oversaw. Very cool to see if you're ever nearby. My pictures aren't great because of the glare, but I thought I would share a few to bring some awareness.

Enjoy!

(click to enlarge photos)

You realize they will lock you up when they find that Garrett in your backpack, right?

After seeing those beauties, I'm not sure if I feel more inclined to go coin shooting, or just lie down and cry :(

Holy Cow! Some great coins! Thank you for taking the time to take some pics and share them on the Friendly Forum!

Next time could you please take your time and video the whole facility. How was the security ? Lol

This past weekend I took a little trip with my best girl to Kansas City, Missouri and we happened into the Federal Reserve's Money Museum while we were passing through. It's a building lobby of a museum, but there's a view of the vault and cash counting rooms which were impressive by any means. The main attraction inside was the Harry S. Truman Coin Collection. It was broken down by president and which coins they oversaw. Very cool to see if you're ever nearby. My pictures aren't great because of the glare, but I thought I would share a few to bring some awareness.

Should've asked if you could air test those bad boys!!!! :lol::lol::lol::laughing:

Thanks all, I will note that this museum requires the security check before entry. So no sneaking that detector in :laughing:

Thanks for sharing. One more place I want to see. Very cool!

I don't know where in MD you are, but if you head to the National Museum American History, there's a coin room there. It has a great collection from all over the world to include stones and trinkets used by tribes.

Enjoy!

(click to enlarge photos)

Well worth the time for that stop and tour

Probably the only place any of us will ever see those coins. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom