KT's first silver acquisition of 2021

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT must admit, He has a real soft spot for US Mint Proof Sets and special Commemorative coins, especially if they are 90% silver!

So when one of our own Forum Members, Dug13, listed a 1987 Constitution Commemorative Proof set with the 90% silver dollar coin, KT had to have it!

It was listed in late Nov-early Dec of 2021 and surprisingly was available last week when His Majesty contacted Dug13 by PM to find out if it was still available! Not a bad purchase with the prospect of silver taking off recently.

Anyway, thanks to Dug13, KT now has a silver for this year! Enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

• Constitution Proof Set 1987 01.JPG
    Constitution Proof Set 1987 01.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Constitution Proof Set 1987 02.jpg
    Constitution Proof Set 1987 02.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Constitution Proof Set 1987 obverse.jpg
    Constitution Proof Set 1987 obverse.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Constitution Proof Set 1987 reverse.jpg
    Constitution Proof Set 1987 reverse.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 285
Some Philippines silver

You might keep a eye on E-Bay and coin shows for some nice silver special issues silver coins from the Philippines some of them have to do with American history. here is one i picked up a few years back. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pi...bxQIO46jEotB9awZRMtivyUqJlulH24mQoRflMvbwfymM There are a number of cool ones that have been issued there over the years for collectors . Her is another to do with America https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pi...eSXmw7D3Xd09qgWdxXS0Kkjl2AzMlbd5XCk-TYcHO7h4c my favorate Philippines / USA coin minted in America on the same blank as the Morgan dollar https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4349.html

Great coins! I love collecting them not just for silver. And I’ll admit Dave has gotten me interested in the Philippines coins as well! They are super cool if only they could talk.

Last edited:
Silver Philippines coins

Great coins! I love collecting them not just for silver. And I’ll admit Dave has gotten me interested in the Philippines coins as well! They are super cool if only they could talk.

Many of those coins can almost talk and have quite a story to tell and there is a long history of Silver coins over there because the Spanish ruled the Philippines issuing gold and silver coins for over 300 years . After the Spanish American War the USA needed money for their new territory of the Philippines. They decided to issue some very beautiful coins first issued in 1903 made in the American mints. The very beautiful 1 Peso coin 1903-1907 where all minted on the same blank as the American Morgan Dollar . They also issued smaller denomination coins as well . From 1903 -1920 Philippines coins were made in America .In 1920 the USA open the first American mint in a foreign country and minted coins there with the M mint mark. The Philippines mint ran till World War 2 when the country was over run by Japanese , and destroyed in retaking the country.

The best thing about this set is it originally was sold by the US Mint for $40, and with inflation, today would sell for $80, but most mint sets sell on the second hand market for less than they originally sold for, as this one did. With the recent rise in silver price, the entire set was priced just a small premium over the silver value of just the Constitution dollar. Plus the fact that it is 1987, the scarcest year of circulated Kennedy halves. Like KT stated in His First Post, KT just likes Proof Sets! :D:D

Could this be the real reason KT needs to keep getting more silver ?
....maybe he has a coin bank that craves silver ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
8gKkC7H.gif
:j/k:

Wow , studying that banks face closely it appears to possibly be a "love child " of a monkey and a toaster ! :?: :shock: Man , what's this world coming to ?

Excellent work there Gary , these animated posts are awesome ! :goodjob:

It’s funny. I was just looking through some proof sets that I have today and found one of the constitution dollars. Pretty cool coin.

Back
Top Bottom