• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites MXT Tracker E-Series

6dean9

I have a Friend that own a Whites MXT E-Series (not pro). He wants to sale it to me for $500.00 Do you think its worth the money. He's only used it a couple times. It looks like it just came out of the box.
Comes with carry bag, sand dig, head phones, Digger and all original paperwork.

Yes I agree very well worth it. That is all I use and I won't ever part with it. Many coil options for it also.

That's a good price for a MXT in mint condition. You'll have a lot of fun with it.

picture.php

That's a good price for a minty MXT. If you don't want it, have him sell it online, someone will snap it up quick.

Well I got the mxt. So far I've found a bunch of coins and one sterling silver bracelet. The issue I'm having is, when I was detecting, the bracelet came up as a twist cap under the coin and jewelry mode. I thought it would have come up something different. That means I'll be digging allot of caps.

Well I got the mxt. So far I've found a bunch of coins and one sterling silver bracelet. The issue I'm having is, when I was detecting, the bracelet came up as a twist cap under the coin and jewelry mode. I thought it would have come up something different. That means I'll be digging allot of caps.

Yes. Sorry for this, but if you're after gold & jewelry you'll dig up a lot of tabs and caps. That is part of the deal. You can be a cherry picker and dig up only those 100% coin signals, but you'll miss a lot of great stuff I think.
There is such an ammount of stuff made from different metal/alloy, you'll wonder. And there is a lot of trash made of metal, too. But that is what I'm looking for. And by taking the trash with me I won't locate it another time again...

Be patient, the good stuff will come up more and more and in no time you're able to listen what the detector is telling you.
Have you tried the relic mode, trigger in center position?? This 2-Tone ID mode is my favorite. Depending on the disc setting, accepted range will give higher pitched sound, rejected range will response with lower piched tone.

Good Luck

there is no detector out there yet which can avoid those caps while accepting jewelry. with practice you will acquire skills to avoid some trash better, you have the advantage of the mxt's VDI number being fairly accurate, but you will always have to dig some trash for the best goodies.

try to purchase a copy of MXT Edge, good book to learn the MXT and also metal detecting in general

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom