f2 ISSUES

aflippincan!

Have loved the f2 but its giving me fits. Here we go.
Very chatty even with sensativity down. Cant get clean signals, very scratchy.
Seems to be off on pinpointing. VDI not accurate. And most of all I am getting no depth. Two inches is about it. Hitting great spots but frusterated with lack of depth. Any suggestions other than sending it in to Fisher? Thanks.

loose coil connection? dirt between coil and coil cover? Low or incorrect batteries? Those are the common causes besides bad coil or something out of balance with the detector.

f2

Ive loved this machine up untill about two weeks ago. Ive tried both coils, tightened the cable, tried to clear any dirt from connectors, and changed batteries. Did a test on a silver dime in the backyard buried at 6 or 7 inches and got nothing with sensativity turned all the way up. Its just bizzarre. Get a somewhat repeatable signal, dig and get nothing. False signals used to never happen. Or I get a 82 on the VDI, and dig up a nail or pulltab. This used to never happen either. WHY WHY WHY WHY!

If you have checked the connections, changed the batteries, and experience the same problems with both coils, I would send it in to Fisher, assuming you were the original owner.

I have not. Havent been able to get up there to put in some good hunting time. Only hit up the highschool and a few old houses. I'm kicking myself for not hitting up an old curb tearout near downtown over memorial day. What was I thinking.

Turn it on and keep your finger on the power button as it powers up for about 10 seconds.
It might beep to let you know it's done.
This is a factory reset and it could work...hopefully.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. I learned that reset trick from Patton a few months ago.

I remember my F2 was very, very, sensitive to any EMI. Also since you cannot ground balance it, mineralized soil would make it chatty and also kill the depth of it.

Maybe it's the outside conditions that are making your F2 act up.

I have not. Havent been able to get up there to put in some good hunting time. Only hit up the highschool and a few old houses. I'm kicking myself for not hitting up an old curb tearout near downtown over memorial day. What was I thinking.

It's been awhile since I attended high school there (early to mid 90's). I graduated before they built the gym addon. Has the front of the school changed any?

2nd the EMI issue, which subsided once i left the area. then again, i went to an area that gave me no signals - that was very strange.

Did the reset method. Seems to have helped. Unit did not make a noise indicating a reset was done though. Much less chatter and got some target at 3 to 4 inches. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom