Aggressive hand digger

I'd be sure to always wear a glove on that hand, in the event it snapped.

I bought a new set of Craftsman screwdrivers last year, 1st use, the biggest one snapped off at the bottom. There was 1" of the shank put into the bottom of the plastic grip.

ETA: They went right back to Lowes.

I'd be sure to always wear a glove on that hand, in the event it snapped.

I bought a new set of Craftsman screwdrivers last year, 1st use, the biggest one snapped off at the bottom. There was 1" of the shank put into the bottom of the plastic grip.

ETA: They went right back to Lowes.

Yep, off topic, but when craftsman got sold, they turned into junk. Just like almost every other American company that sold out.
Check out Channel Lock, They opened up a new plant in the US and have 100% made in USA hand tools and are quality.

I use several different Root Slayer shovels in the garden and carry their trowel when I go detecting. I have one of their big shovels in the trunk of the car in case I happen to come across a treasure chest. I have a feeling it's going to be used in the garden with the rest of them before that ever happens. :laughing:

For over forty years i have used a Hori-Hori knife and never have had one even feel like it might break. I have actually hammered them into rock hard ground that a pick just bounced off of. I won a Lesche but never liked the offset handle. I lost it and never wanted another. It never felt as strong as my Hori-Hori knife. the two knives in the picture are alike, The one on the left I used for over thirty years as you can see by how much it has worn, Over the years I played with modifying it. I finally retired it because I couldn't bear to losing it. I never realized how much it had worn in over thirty years of using it and sharpening it until I bought a new one and put them side by side. i use gloves and there is no need to modify it. You can buy them on Amazon for as low as $15 and they will last a lifetime. Diggers2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom