A winning match

apollo18

Hi everyone, this is my first posting. :?: I am looking a metal detector and have a budget of $500.00. I will be using it in western PA, looking for coins, precious metals and meteorites. I will be considering both new and used models. Does anyone have an opinion what might be a good fit for me? P. S. I have wanted to buy a metal detector for over 20 years and came close to buying a whites 6000 pro ( I think thats what they called it). Thanks for reading Rich

Hey, How you doing? My thoughts are to go to a couple local dealers and maybe try out a few different models in your price range. See what's best for you and perhaps get an idea what features your after. Where you located? I'm in NW Pa. myself. By the way, detecting's incredibly addictive, just ask my wife.

Welcome Apollo 18, Cant really advise on a new machine, as I have never

bought one. Always found it better to buy a used one ( plenty for sale on

here ) you will get a lot more for your money, and if your lucky the seller

may give you h/phones, digger etc Best of Luck with your search.

Chop

Welocme to the family and the forum. Look at the Fisher ID Excel and the tesoro Tejon. Both are good detectors. Also the Tesoro Vaquero . If you need more help let me know.
TonyinCT
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

I hope you have the advantage of a local multibrand dealer, I don't. People all have their favorites and what we like may not be for you. There is nothing like trying before you buy. By the way, is there a local club? Rob

Welcome to the forum Rich, I would sell my used but not abused whites MXT.

I want to thank everyone for taking their valuable time to respond to my questions. The first thing I learned from your suggestions is to find a dealer who represents many different manufactures in the Pittsburgh PA. area. Is there a web site that would list these types of dealers in my area?

Back
Top Bottom