Two "firsts"

beepsticker

I have been at this hobby for nearly three years now, and feel quite lucky to keep finding unusual stuff.
There is one permission which I expected would give up some old stuff and it hasn't disappointed me
To date, I have found (along with a bunch of clad and the usual junk, scrap, and trash) , several toy cars, aircraft, and trucks. A bridle rosette or three. A hub cap for a mid-1920's Ford truck. A solid brass 6" garden hose nozzle (looks just like the old fire nozzles). And many of "oh-its-one-of-those (whatever "they" are)
This is the same property which gave me the 1794 Liberty Cap large cent and the Wedgewood Cameo.
The latest two items (subjects for today, while not as exciting to some, still made me a happy digger!)
The harmonica was made in Germany (mid 1800's?), and the cap gun probably early 1900's to maybe 1950?
The hammer stills cocks and when the trigger is squeezed it releases (but the spring is gone so you must push it back forward)
Both cleaned up ( as far as I am willing to go) and look pretty good.
Sorry, they are all sideways, just having trouble rotating and saving them "right-side-up"

Attachments

• IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 446
A complete harmonica, nice!
The cap gun is a Hubley Star Steer, unsure of the year it was made.

Nice finds đź‘Ť

I think I found enough harmonica reeds for it LOL -- all the stuff is neat

Actually when I pulled it out one end was disconnected (the small screw still there, fortunately) and it was kind of spread open. One reed is complete, the other about 3/4 there, AND a few of the tiny wooden spacers between the reeds where there too!

Some nice relics, congrats on the harmonica and cap pistol. Dug a bunch of reeds but never a whole one. Also dug that same cap pistol minus the trigger guard and the barrel has the same damage as yours. Definitely a cool find. Congrats, Mark

WOW, nice to see a full harmonica, and a mostly intact cap gun. The closest Ive come from a full harmonica was the reed with a little bit of the wood frame around it.

Does anyone collect the reeds?

Back
Top Bottom