What does everyone do for a living?

I work in Human Resources for a major Window and Door Manufacturer. Been with them for nearly 8 years, and prior to that taught social studies in a public high school.

Hello all!! I am a heavy equipment opperator for an environmental company. I tend to deal with contaminated soil, UST's(underground storage tanks), and spill response. I travel for a living, for example, I have not gone "home" at night from work in 10 years. I live out of hotel rooms. It is getting old real quick latley. I have a wife and 2 children(3yrs and 10 mos.), so I am missing them grow up, plus it puts a huge strain on a marrige being gone all the time. I have started looking for a career change so wish me luck!!! HH

Well I am now a homemaker and homeschool teacher.
March the 10th was my last day at work, I was a data entry clerk for my husbands company. The only part I miss about that job is the? :lol: money!

I work in hospital security at one of Boston's largest hospitals (meaning I'm familiar with Garrett's Hobby and Security Divisions :grin:. Been doing security 6 years now, just about 4 of those at the hospital.

I am a proof operator for a local bank. I encode, repair and process all of the checks that come through our branch. I should come up with some kind of title that sounds a little more exciting. I may have to give that some thought. :lol:

I'm retired from the Navy after 21 years. (HMC SW AW)

and now I'm just working in an operating room, as a surgical technologist doing cardiac and thoracic surgery. : )

I'm a pipeline operator, we receive crude oil via pipelines and direct it to the local refineries. They do their refining and pump it back to my company and we pump it via our pipelines and pumps from North Salt Lake to as far as Spokane Wash. I work a 12 hour rotating shift.

I am lucky enough to do what I want to do, was a machinist. But now am semi-retired, and play guitar, photography, and collect coins, plus my MDing. smg

I work at a major Hospital as a Security Officer and a AHA CPR instructor for the last 7 years. I was a Peace officer but the money and insurance is alot better for the family, plus you can't beleive how much less stress!!

Attachments

• Ted.JPG
    Ted.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,260
I am a gardener and also like to dabble in all manner of things from designing clothes to making sculptures out of old dead trees.....really should of went down the lots of money route rather than the happiness in job route...hope to have a large company in years to come involving everything from garden design to selling plants ......my favourite plant is Ophiopogon planiscapus 'nigrescens'

I,m a fisher man and do a lot of looking for ship wrecks so my daugther can dive on them no gold yet but it will come lol i hope

ACANTHUS...
You gonna carry these?
(can't remember the whole technical name. It's African) Heck of a bud, huh?

Attachments

• Osteospermum.jpg
    Osteospermum.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,267
I retired from United Airlines after 36 years as a Customer Svc Agent. I now have 2 in home businesses
one for 31 years of making rubber stamps and one for around 20 years as a White's detector dealer.
My wife and I hunt as often as possible.

I work for a local community college in Room Scheduling. I schedule rooms for courses and events. Fall & Winter semesters each total about 1500-1800 courses.

I've been with the college for almost 16 years and plan to retire next year. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom