problem with my new Garrett Pro Pointer...please help?

firewxman

Forum Supporter
Hey all...

I was able to take my Garrett PP out for the first office hunt of 2012, and first hunt with my Garrett PP. Anyways, I noticed that occasionally the pinpointer would sound off with no metal near/ or by in the hole To double check, I would then point it straight up in the air away from me and any other potential feedback, yet it would still sound off. It only happened periodically, so I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong...or do I need to ship back? Thanks for any advice!

Firewxman

first check with a new battery and be sure there is no ring on your hand. it might detect it

Mine spazed like that one time too... popped the batt, pushed the button and you will clear the cmos so to speak ;) put a fresh battery as mentioned above and you might be OK.

Also if you have managed to get it wet through the speaker port remove the batt compartment cover and battery, pull the rubber cover off the button from the corner with your finger nail (easily removed and replaced) leave the whole thing open to dry out over night.

I had this happen to me while hunting my mom's yard and it was only in a small area of the yard...directly under some high voltage power lines.

Also make sure you're not wearing any rings or a watch or turning it on while near any metal object such as your detector or shoes.

Also put in a brand new battery.

If none of these suggestions work, send it back.

Hey all...

I was able to take my Garrett PP out for the first office hunt of 2012, and first hunt with my Garrett PP. Anyways, I noticed that occasionally the pinpointer would sound off with no metal near/ or by in the hole To double check, I would then point it straight up in the air away from me and any other potential feedback, yet it would still sound off. It only happened periodically, so I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong...or do I need to ship back? Thanks for any advice!

Firewxman

Are you leaving it turned on between digging from hole to hole?

Turning them off for a few seconds then back on seems to un-freak them pretty well.

Hey all...

Firewxman

With it off, hold the tip of it against a piece of metal. Turn it on with it against the metal back off the metal turn it off then turn it back on.

Try turning the sensitivity down, use a different frequency, shake the coil up and down around 7 times, turn the machine on and off.

I had the same thing happen and I had tried everything. But it got increasingly worse so I ended up calling Garrett and the were very friendly and ended up having it picked up from my house and repaired it which cost me nothing not even shipping and I had it back in no time.

Turn it off between targets and put in a fresh battery. Do not turn on near metal or it will cut down on sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom