RESULTS: FMDF Gift Exchange 2012

Got my package from itsaring! A cool seabean gonna have fun identifying it also a camel and shark tooth fossil a standing liberty quarter and a smashed penny gonna make the shark tooth into a necklace pebdant!

20121230_093702.jpg

My Gifts from Silverfishin!

Here is the pic of the gifts from Silverfishin. Got an awesome K-BAR Knife which I really need as my last one broke. And, a nice cap from Rothco. I go thru these caps like crazy so it will certainly come in handy.:yes:Thanks, Silverfishin!

Attachments

• 100_1469.jpg
    100_1469.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,326
Paul2012 And Anvilmanco Exchange!

Me and my buddy Keith exchanged gifts! It took me a while to put pictures up, but here they are!

First Keith sent me a new scale! It's perfect because i now have a backup for my original one! One for home and one for out in the field!

Second, Keith sent me a probe that he made himself! It is what i'm guessing to be made of brass! It is a very cool piece! He explained to me, i can use it to test the dirt, and use it to find certain things in the ground without having to pinpoint them every time! I can't wait to try it out!

Thank you very much for the great gifts Keith! And thank you Carol and Vlad for this great gift exchange! I look forward to doing it again next year! :D

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,252
  • get-attachment (1).jpg
    get-attachment (1).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,263
Looks like he posted on the thread in forum announcements asking if there was a gift exchange this year... along with quite a few others!

Sorry! I guess they needed to follow up on that thread. :(

Received gift from Swing360 today

My gift from swing360 arrived today. Couldnt be happier. Included were favorites of mine he could not have know. Must be the magic of christmas. Pictured is:

A whole bunch of coin sleeves. Something i need desperatly and cant find easily here. I actually used the last of mine on his gift.
A washington coke bottle
Sterling silver bracelet. Love old silver jewelry.
1913 Canada dime
1901 V nickle (my favorite US coin)
A miltary button from NJ (my first button ever)
A bunch of very old foreign coins which i will dig into re searching.
a couple VOC coins which i just became familar with a month a go and love to collect.
A state of washington tax token. Those are always cool.

Thanks swing, i greatly appreciate the gift. Everyone have a safe and happy new year! Vlad and Carol thanks again for doing this exchange and for your dedication to this web site and our hobby. It is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,210
Last edited:
Today I received the second half of my gift from Air Force Mike. It's a great 101st Airborne hat. The unit I was with in Vietnam. He also sent a beautiful 101st Airborne Challenge Coin. I still have the one they gave me when I left the unit. They have changed some in the past 43 years.
C Coin2.JPG

Attachments

• Challenge%20Coin%20a_%20001.GIF
    Challenge%20Coin%20a_%20001.GIF
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,221
  • C Coin.JPG
    C Coin.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,210
Today I received the second half of my gift from Air Force Mike. It's a great 101st Airborne hat. The unit I was with in Vietnam. He also sent a beautiful 101st Airborne Challenge Coin. I still have the one they gave me when I left the unit. They have changed some in the past 43 years.
View attachment 191483

Nice gift AFMIKE ad Silversmith45! I always like seeing the 101st Airborne coins. Spent most of my childhood around the base.

My gift from Azmodeus!!

Here is a pic of my present from Azmodeus. Lots of goodies in here. Several coin books, a couple of silver dimes several foriegn coins and some coin holders. A two dollar bill and a confederate bill. Thanks again Azmodeus.:grin:

Attachments

• Christmas.jpg
    Christmas.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,218
View attachment 191483

Man i love that hat...looks great Richard and once again TY for your service to our country and giving me the ability to enjoy my freedom and time to MD!!

Great gifts from YoungPatriot

I received my package today from YoungPatriot, it included lots of nice stuff. A book from Charles L. Garrett, that I have'nt been able to set down.
Magnifying glass, safety vest, and a couple sweet finds bags.

Thanks again, AL

Attachments

• DSCN1800.jpg
    DSCN1800.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,201
Got my gift from Clearwatermike today! Haven't had time to take pictures but I have a nice collection of detecting magazines that would be fit for any THers library! Thanks Mike!!! :cool:

No pics, but I must say that this was the 1st year I participated in this event and really enjoyed it. Got a real variety value pack from quaidmon. Already looking forward to next year and collecting things over the year to give. Thanks for putting the effort into this holiday event.

I got my gift from Tin-Tin and couldn't be happier! Thank you TT and Thanks to Vlad and Carol for a great X-Mas idea and hands down the best MD Forum on the web!!! Sorry that you can't read the Mothers Medallion I did the post on my phone and didn't pick the best pic. My oldest daughter claimed the medallion as she's a single Mom and my youngest daughter claimed the Dragon Fly Key chain. I already used one of the hand warmers on a hunt yesterday, 27 degrees and it was great. I didn't find much but my hands were warm!! Thanks Again Tin-Tin!!

Attachments

• 2013-01-01 11.45.06.jpg
    2013-01-01 11.45.06.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,487
  • 2013-01-01 11.47.47.jpg
    2013-01-01 11.47.47.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,476
Back
Top Bottom