What does everyone do for a living?

riggin

I'm a machanic for the union pacific railroad, I do federal air test on locomotives before engineer departs. Well its ez work but it take lots of my time am very new at metal detecting but learning all the time. Take care

I'm a machanic for the union pacific railroad, I do federal air test on locomotives before engineer departs. Well its ez work but it take lots of my time am very new at metal detecting but learning all the time. Take care

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a picture I took of the BNSF Argentine hump yard. I was at the top of a 120' pole installing lightning protection for their signaling circuits.

Attachments

• bnsf1.jpg
    bnsf1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,008
Then and Now!

Then
Marina owner right on the Ohio River
Photo #1 The Good - Low water -GOOD
Photo #2 The Bad - 13 ft rise in the river, 80ft long tree stuck on the fuel dock - BAD
Photo #3 The Ugly - 25ft rise, 2ft deep on parking lot and trying to keep marina in it's spot - REAL BAD
Now
Photo #4 New Business, Life is back to GOOD!
No more 7 day a week work.
Just got my DFX from Tony!
Buried treasure her I come!

Attachments

• The Good.jpg
    The Good.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 501
  • The Bad.JPG
    The Bad.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 504
  • The Ugly.JPG
    The Ugly.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 514
  • Deco (Small).jpg
    Deco (Small).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 514
why??

I work for a computer component manufacturer. We make the assemblies that hold the read-write heads above the hard drive disks. Been there for 15 years. HH

what the quez has to do with detcting ,you could be a homeless and still detect and make a living from it finding the money the kids drop at playgrounds.

This is my first post, so I thought I would begin with the basics. I live in Palmer, Alaska. I work for the state as a case manager for Child Protective Services. I am also a firefighter and rescue tech with the local fire department. I'm just starting out in the metal detecting hobby so I figured this was a good place to start.

Icy Mike

(oh, the name "Icy Mike" is a tag I landed because I also LOVE to ice fish!)

Hey All

I haul about 400,000 lbs. of milk per day from farm to cheese plant. Get off work in wee hours of morning. There are over 75 dairies in this area, which would be Zillah, Wa.

Previous to this job (going on 3 years) I have long hauled and many times the wife would go with. So I and Wife are very familiar with your back yards. What a wonderful Country.

Grand kids live right down the dirt road and ride their bikes down all the time.

Life is Good

Happy Digging

Attachments

• Milk.JPG
    Milk.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 898
skateboarding rules hands down,respect kido,you nailed any dark rails?cool your feelin the mding ting history is a massive eye opener

detectordan/MXT

Full blown master carpenter. Learned the old fashioned way, on the job training. Started working summers with my dad at the age of 12. All worn out now at the age of 51. Home building from footings to roofing and everything in between.Self employed mostly remodeling and home renovations. Always quiting early to swing-n-dig. Metal detectorator for 28 years. LOVE IT.

Retired: 20years United Parcel Service- delivery driver 9yrs Tractor Trailer 11yrs- C>C> Dickson Co. Heating & A/C wholesaler as outside salesman 15yrs- Like MD-Fishing-My pontoon boat-Reading-My Wife married 44 years- -2 sons 37 & 40-2 grandchuldren 17 & 14. Thats a quick 62 Years.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a heavy equipment operator/torch-cutter at a scrap yard.

So I know how to deal with all the trash you guys think is worthless... :D

Flunky!!!

I am a Real Estate re-locater, or heavy equipment operator, or just a plain ole-flunky which suits me best for the day. But days like the one in the photo make me love my job,

Attachments

• Pictures 029.jpg
    Pictures 029.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 583
  • Pictures 028.jpg
    Pictures 028.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 572
Oops

The photos didn't come out so great! It was amazing thousands of bottles less than 3 feet deep. MMM I love them bottles!!!!!!!!
Willy

Projectionist

Movie theatre owner from Canada. Just getting back into detecting. Most interesting find...a WW2 Mortar shell on an old abandoned Canadian Army arttillary range. Interestingly enough, the area is now used for baseball diamonds and a go-kart trac. With a little media attention the whole area was reswept with modern metal detectors and cleaned up.

Newbie Here From Jesery!

hi everyone, yes i am not new to the scene, but new to actually doing it. let me tell u what i do, i am a explorer, treasure hunter and history buff. this is what i do for a living.

now i added treasure hunting by all means and use a metal detector, a cobra model. still learning.

so any advise, help etc welcome!
also if anyone is in my area and would like to go out md in spots where most do not know about, shout. my history of south jersey is very good.
joe

Back
Top Bottom