BAD Things that Happen While Detecting

Massiss

Just as a reply to the " Funny Things that Happen While Detecting"-thread, I maked one where you say the opposite. Tell us what the worst thing that have happend while you where detecting, no matter what it was. It culd be anything from going out of battery, that you lost your car key's, to breaking your leg:lol: Have fun, and let's hope whatever you write don't happen again!

Mine would be a toss up between the time I dug into a nest of ground wasps, got chased by a very upset copper head or when I tried to jump over a wide creek holding my machine & slipped..

Humm...

1. Lost my propointer 3x (found it all 3x). Glad I had painted it yellow, WHEW!

2. Dropped a coil & had to back track to find it. :mad:

3. Got lost 2x but figured out I was 2 miles away from my car. Now I use an app for my phone for those long hikes into the woods. :no:

4. Told my wife I'd be home early :yes:, got home late :yes:, got an earful :?: :lol:.

Luckily I haven't had too many bad things happen. The worst would probably be that I broke 2 of my 3 trowels so now I don't have a backup until I get a new one. They were good little trowels too :no:

Nothing bad can happen while detecting, it's like the "Force"

9748419.jpg

forgot ta have toilet paper in the truck and had ta come home wearing one sock :roll:

Being 40 miles away from home, brought detector with to stop at an old school along the way. Realizing you forgot both the digger and the propointer and had nothing to dig with.

Walking through a totlot, looking down, didn't even think about the jungle gym bars spanning the equip. Hit my head hard, almost knocked myself out.....Curt:grin:

Was searching the original homestead area of my paternal Great-Great-Grandfather (born 1847) and was not finding anything even mildly interesting until I found a cool button with writing on it (presumably his). I threw it in my finds bag excited to have a good look after cleaning at home. When I got home...it wasn't there.

The upside, I went back and found a crushed tin drinking cup (also presumably his) and it made me feel a bit better.

Wife called on my cell around 1pm asked when I'd be home I told her in an hr came home 5 + hrs later.Rule #1 shut cell phone off as soon as I start MDing:laughing:

Years ago a friend wanted to try MD and he had a spot that we could go to... It was a place out in the country where an old house once stood. I said we could go and he could use one of my detectors but he would have to get permission before we went. A week later we met up and went to the grown up spot and started detecting. Within about five minutes and old geezer walked up:cuss: and swinging a cane not happy that we were there. Needless to say... I never took him detecting again

Stepping in dog !!!! and each time you bend down to dig you get a whiff of it. Even scraping as much as you can off and it still lingers with the smell.

Then one time I ended up with poison ivy all over myself somehow. Do not recall getting into it, but I guess I don't pay attention. Had it on my chest, arms, back and I spread it onto my legs and stuff. Even got it in some unmentionable places.

After the poison ivy thing, going out with a forum member in the woods, my first time out in the woods, I usually stuck to parks/fields. Well I tell him I want to be away from poison ivy. As were walking back to the car, he tells me were walking thru it. Got home, cleaned all my gear down with cleaning wipes and all my clothes into the wash. Then proceeded to do a treatment of poison ivy wash then showered.

Back
Top Bottom