Lost My Stuff Group

Good Idea.

If only there is a way to word the "reward not expected" to let them know they are accepted though. :lol:

Does'nt mean they won't still offer. This is a great idea. Helping people find their stuff is one of the best feelings. WOLF

Good Idea.

If only there is a way to word the "reward not expected" to let them know they are accepted though. :lol:

Maybe this hint might work....:spiteful:

Attachments

• lost.jpg
    lost.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 953
Well, if the only reason an MD'er would help someone search for something they lost would be to receive a reward or payment, that MD'er would definitely be better off joining RingFinders, or Metal Detectives, or another group like that whose purpose is to market & charge for their services.

The main idea of the Lost My Stuff Group is to help people just for the sake of helping!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Another great idea :yes: Glad to see it's already been used and has a bunch of members willing to help out. Need any free graphics work? Contact me, I'd like to maybe do something on my blog about the site :)

I signed up, been contacted 3 times by people more than 1000 miles away...they must click reply all????....Curt

The group is set up such that whenever someone reports a lost item their email is forwarded to all the group members, regardless of their home location. If any of the group members are near the location and available to help, they email or telephone the person to discuss how to best proceed. If they are too far away, they simply ignore the email.

:D :D :D

Just contacted a person asking for help ( from this site ) finding his wedding ring. Gonna try to go find it this weekend. Wish me luck. WOLF

The main idea of the Lost My Stuff Group is to help people just for the sake of helping!!!

:) :) :) :) :)[/QUOTE]

This is why I joined.

Good luck Wolf

Success! Took about 15 minutes. He lost it in @ 2 to 3 inches of snow. When we got there, their was only a frost layer. Lucky for us. So I asked where he was standing and where he was shooting to. He showed me and their must have been @ 1,000,000,0000,000,000 shell casings. No way the detector was gonna work here plus you all know what a lot of people use as targets? Yeah! Aluminum cans. So I just started to trace his area back and forth. Picked 4 shiny .380 bullets that had not been fired and told the guy if we are finding these shiny bullets your ring should show too. I took another couple of steps and there it was. he was stoked and thanks to the "Lost my stuff" group he was able to contact me and we were able to find it. He will post on the group his story and pics. WOLF

Success! Took about 15 minutes. He lost it in @ 2 to 3 inches of snow. When we got there, their was only a frost layer. Lucky for us. So I asked where he was standing and where he was shooting to. He showed me and their must have been @ 1,000,000,0000,000,000 shell casings. No way the detector was gonna work here plus you all know what a lot of people use as targets? Yeah! Aluminum cans. So I just started to trace his area back and forth. Picked 4 shiny .380 bullets that had not been fired and told the guy if we are finding these shiny bullets your ring should show too. I took another couple of steps and there it was. he was stoked and thanks to the "Lost my stuff" group he was able to contact me and we were able to find it. He will post on the group his story and pics. WOLF

That's awesome Wolf :waytogo: You the man :yes:

Back
Top Bottom