Lions and Tig...Bobcats and Bears, oh my! (My Game Cameras)

It took awhile and a number of apples knocked into the creek, but eventually one of the bears figured out how to get the apple. :D

One of my cameras had stopped working, so I didn't get the camera angle of the bear pulling the ham bone off the tree. Tenth strongest bite of all mammals.

Ham bone.

c827079424a00c8c06ad69996f85ba1e.jpg

Bobcat for size reference.

9b6a1f36d98c7fce0c8dc16bfd1f61c9.jpg

Yearling elk.

35da87b631e8121b3063f24772462616.jpg

26daee9a78538c2ca6b6ff948575c187.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you named them, like Fritz, Buddy, Moe right

On another forum, where I’ve posted hundreds and hundreds of photos and videos, guys have given some of the lions names. One-Eyed Willy, Scar, The Terrible Twins, etc. It’s been a down year for the lions this year. I think it’s a combination of more poachers, because so many guys are home making more money on unemployment than at work and I lost my best trees across the creek from a flash flood last winter. The lions liked to cross at those logs and then come up a very steep area to my south driveway. I’m going to to build a 60’ foot bridge across the creek soon and put at least four camera angles on it. I’m going to put the foot bridge across the bridge approaches where the full sized bridge used to be. That bridge was washed away in the big flood of ‘96, as I recall. It was 10-12’ above the normal water line.

Last edited:
I wish I still lived in Oregon to help you do that, course, today at 72 year age, I could hand you the hammer LOL

No problem, you could detect in my meadows while I do the work. [emoji3]

I’m going to use a couple of 60’ I-beams out of a mobile home that is going to be demolished on a property near me and I’m hoping to have the deck cut with a live edge.

This would have been fun to have on video, but this camera is just set to take photos. I was doing some work on my driveway, so I had some cones put out that were in view of the IR flash. This bear came up my driveway and when it triggered the camera, the reflectors on the cones lit up like they were hit by headlights. Remember, there is no visible light emitted from the camera, it remains pitch black under the forest canopy. The bear stopped, because it was surprised by the reflection and every time it moved, just a hair, the camera would trigger again and the reflectors would flash again, for no apparent reason. As it started to look around, it noticed the dim red glow of the LEDs on the camera. It stood there and looked back and forth from the camera to the cones about a ten times before it continued up the driveway, to the cones, and then gave one of the cones a sniff as the reflectors continued to flash every time it moved.

bf8b5b044594a1f68853730076963c7b.jpg

I don’t post many Raccoon photos, even though I think Raccoons are the funniest characters in the forest, but this one was especially funny at times. I put up another camera one time, and the first night it was a little surprised by another red glow. When I saw the first camera angle, I thought the damn thing was smiling at the new camera, but then when I saw the second camera angle, I realized that it just didn’t want to share its chicken with the new camera. [emoji23]

7ea9eb23e17cc9eb9e8f532d3f620d1e.jpg

a1ed34be3b9d31440ff262d438d2ca91.jpg

one time I screw a quart jar lid on a tree & smeared in it with peanut butter. I wondered if deer liked it. Never knew cause the raccoons would rip it off & took off with them LOL

but try this some day; string across 2 trees about 10 or 12 feet long & in the middle, tie 12" string with an apple on it. A raccoon tried on it, like "tightrope" but half way he slipped over it, never falling, but under the string & got over to the apple

I ought to do it again for kicks - maybe I can find the pix's, it was years ago tho

one time I screw a quart jar lid on a tree & smeared in it with peanut butter. I wondered if deer liked it. Never knew cause the raccoons would rip it off & took off with them LOL

but try this some day; string across 2 trees about 10 or 12 feet long & in the middle, tie 12" string with an apple on it. A raccoon tried on it, like "tightrope" but half way he slipped over it, never falling, but under the string & got over to the apple

I ought to do it again for kicks - maybe I can find the pix's, it was years ago tho

Raccoons are my most notorious bait thieves. It almost fell in the creek a couple of times.

92ff47044bb9eface1caaefd9f428dc7.jpg

2fb9aeb29ff07d9ac8a1ed40302f8899.jpg

Back
Top Bottom