6 weeks in.
50+ hours in.
13 hunts in.
Have fun fellas!:lol:

Attachments

• 9C109078-8422-4A6B-BE9D-94972056024A.jpg
    9C109078-8422-4A6B-BE9D-94972056024A.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 676
Heck yeah! That silver count is growing by the day!

For only 6 weeks in, that’s downright amazing! Especially considering where you’re finding them. Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah! That silver count is growing by the day!

For only 6 weeks in, that’s downright amazing! Especially considering where you’re finding them. Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they’re all tuckered out from the last time I did this:lol:
The Vicky quarter is my first ever, 1880. I got that today with the 98-O barber quarter and a seated dime. ALL from public ground, just so there’s no mistake about that! At some point the whole “you must’ve missed them before” notion just isn’t a thing when you consider how FAST this thing is coughing them up. Thanks DeWayne!

Oh yeah, you gotta be walking a little taller these days with a shiit eating grin on your face. Thats an amazing amount of old silver there Kevin, hats off and a huge congrats. What kinda depths ? Masked ? Are these from spots you hunted with the CTX ? Unbelievable, again congrats. Mark

Oh yeah, you gotta be walking a little taller these days with a shiit eating grin on your face. Thats an amazing amount of old silver there Kevin, hats off and a huge congrats. What kinda depths ? Masked ? Are these from spots you hunted with the CTX ? Unbelievable, again congrats. Mark

I literally don’t know what’s going on Mark. Depths have been from 6-9” maybe one a little deeper but certainly not “out of range”. I have hunted ALL of these places, 8 different sites for anywhere from 2-10 years depending where it was. I’m not doing anything special, in fact I barely know what I’m doing at all from a technical standpoint. One fairground has had 3 hunts of 3-4 hours each and produced THIRTEEN of these dimes alone! How? I can’t even say. I just don’t know.

Great report !

OMG Tom I don’t even know what to say at this point about it. I’m just completely puzzled…blown away. These were not “ultra deep” or any deeper than 9” for that matter. Any of them. I’m a little freaked out actually, I don’t what the hell is going to pop up next!

Holy cow! Nice! Had my first hunt today with Deus 2 . I’m really liking it. Got two old wheats. You using Silver Slayer program?

For the most part yes DJ. This last hunt I was using a variant of Deep HC just to see how it worked and WOW!….just about as well as the SS setup! If you’re in an area that has either produced silver before or SHOULD but hasn’t.….just wait. It is CLEARLY OBVIOUS by results alone that this machine is operating/transmitting/processing in some other way. The RATE of finds is truly mind melting.

amazing number of silvers Kevin. I know you and Dewayne have been hitting those sites for a long time with the CTX3030 which is a renown deep coin detector. One would think that little would be left behind.

I haven't gotten out yet to my older parks yet, still learning. It is finding clad right and left at my favorite middle school. Leaves no doubt when over a coin. You only get fooled when your target gives you a good coin signal which happen from time to time.

I love the lightness of it with the 9" coil compared to the CTX. I loved the CTX but came to really not like the swing harness. The Minelab Pro-45 was the worst. Doc's swingy thingy was much better, but I still just plain don't like anything about a swing harness.

I am just guessing here, but I think the nine inch coil has the edge over the 11" coil in unmasking nearby targets. Pretty much simple geometry on fewer signals under the coil at one time than the 11 inch coil. Maybe that is contributing to the success of Kevin's finds at his old sites.

It is John, I’m enjoying every second of hunting right now. It’s not necessarily “making dead places new” but it’s making them “viable” again. That’s the difference, and as you can see, it is a HELL of a difference!

Thanks for sharing your comments. I have had a brief opportunity to swing the D2 when it first came out from another detectorist. At that time I was not to crazy about it nor was he. However, like anything else, I been thinking more and more about the D2 and in a favorable way!

Keep those eye candy finds coming, they are a joy to read about as I am sure it is for you to finding them! John

Heck of a group of old coinage, congrats on all .. I have a question, what's your trash pile look like compared to good finds ? I mean, are you digging alot of junk too or is it more coins than trash ratio? I'm assuming theres clad your not showing,so it's hard to know. Great picture tho

Heck of a group of old coinage, congrats on all .. I have a question, what's your trash pile look like compared to good finds ? I mean, are you digging alot of junk too or is it more coins than trash ratio? I'm assuming theres clad your not showing,so it's hard to know. Great picture tho

Oh there are some junkers involved Pete, and it’s a good point. We all love to show the upside, because it’s the best side. But it’s just one side. I will get fooled on 2 junk things in particular….squashed aluminum screw caps that sound and react very nice from one direction but usually change a few points at the 90. Also big huge crusty nails that sound really good and they’re very repeatable from one direction. I am learning where the “line” is yet and digging less of these as I learn what the tells are. For the most part the machine has been accurate and stable, running V.71. It’s weird because some people click with different machines. Some swear by the Equinox, it wasn’t my thing. Some swear by whatever it is while others swear at it. I think it’s a matter of finding that “marriage”, and no two are the exact same. People have to realize that, just because I’ve had success is by NO means a declaration that it will be the same elsewhere, it’s just one situation. It’s only an indicator of what MIGHT be possible, and like any other machine/operator combo, it’s not perfect all the time.

amazing number of silvers Kevin. I know you and Dewayne have been hitting those sites for a long time with the CTX3030 which is a renown deep coin detector. One would think that little would be left behind.

I haven't gotten out yet to my older parks yet, still learning. It is finding clad right and left at my favorite middle school. Leaves no doubt when over a coin. You only get fooled when your target gives you a good coin signal which happen from time to time.

I love the lightness of it with the 9" coil compared to the CTX. I loved the CTX but came to really not like the swing harness. The Minelab Pro-45 was the worst. Doc's swingy thingy was much better, but I still just plain don't like anything about a swing harness.

I am just guessing here, but I think the nine inch coil has the edge over the 11" coil in unmasking nearby targets. Pretty much simple geometry on fewer signals under the coil at one time than the 11 inch coil. Maybe that is contributing to the success of Kevin's finds at his old sites.

It just HAS to be a result of the frequency sets John, I can’t think of anything else besides as you said, the specific size of the coil. And of course HOW those signals are processed. It is SO fast it’s just mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom