Got two today to make it #80

BuscaPlata

Forum Supporter
Took me about 10 or 12 outings to finally get to 80. #79 and #80 were found today about 12 feet apart. Had a bit of rain last night and that kinda helped some? 1923 and 1938 Mercs, both were deep signals at around 9 or 10 inches deep. Bottom row in the pic are the last 5 silver I found. On September the 8th I started off with that Washington Quarter that was only an inch and a half deep, and I would'a bet you a hundred bucks that is was gonna be a clad quarter. surprise! surprise! That pic shows the clump of dirt it was hiding under, unbelievable! A day later a 1953 Rosie, 3 days later a 1942 Merc and today to get my two to make 80 fty. There should be enough silver there to get to the 100 for the year, but it would take many hours of searching, I’m good for 4 possibly 5 hunts per week at about 3 ½ hours per hunt and then I’m done. Hey, thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• 80 Silver.jpg
    80 Silver.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 422
  • #76 9,8,22 L.jpg
    #76 9,8,22 L.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 427
  • #79 #80 9,24,22 L.jpg
    #79 #80 9,24,22 L.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 425
  • Field.jpg
    Field.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 430
That is very impressive! Well done! So I'm curious about the last photo you posted of a field/empty lot. Do you do research to find what had been in that spot years ago?

The key to finding anything in our hobby is to find ground where old coins or objects are buried. To what do you attribute your remarkable success? And I get the 3 - 4 days a week for 3 plus hours. That is a high level of commitment. But how do you find good ground?

Just trying to learn from a guy who seems to have it figured out. Thanks!

Way to go Jose. Congrats on the recent shiny finds and getting to 80 FTY. Not an easy thing to do these days. 100 should be doable. I had one of those quarter surprises earlier this year. Right out in the open, in a pounded city park, a stand alone shallow quarter signal. From 2in. down out comes a 43 GW. A treat for sure hen shiny shows up like that. Good luck. Mark

Yay!

Hey Jose, congrats on 80! I hope 100 is in the cards for you this year. You are right, it’s gonna take some dedication and luck. Looks like the construction is moving more and more dirt. I was shocked last time I was there how far they had gone! Keep at it, amigo! I have to split my free time between “dirt silver” and “river silver”! :cool:

I'm guessing I've logged maybe 50 hrs in the field this year and have dug in the range of 50 targets per trip. So if my math is correct that means I've dug close to or more than 2,500 targets and have found 2 silver coins and 1 silver cross.

Guess that means I'm going to have to start doing some research.

Your numbers are very impressive BCP. Keep it going.

HDD

Congrats on 80 so far FTY. That's awesome. I doubt I ever have a year that good. Not where I live.

I've been stuck where I'm at 36 for weeks. I have not hunted much the ground is back to being like concrete again. It was near 100 degrees again last week. Cooling off, but no rain in sight. I'll be happy with 40 something FTY. My main digging buddy is up to 64 or 65, but he's at every weekend, and covering a lot of ground too.

Congrats on the 80.
That is quite a feat for 2022. Those shiny ones are getting tough......
What is the machine you're swinging the most recently?

If I'm lucky I get to hunt 3 days a week at 2 hours a day, so I guess we are on par if I had a bit more time to get out. I'm hoping to get 2 more for 40. Not too optimistic about trying for 50, but we'll see......
Big congrats again.....keep up the good work.

Nice! Congrats on 80! Not far to go for that magic 100!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rattelhead! You mentioned before that you were at 74 FTY, hope you added a few since then.

That is one nice pile of the shiny silver. Congrats on the two today for #80!

Thank You LNCB!

That is very impressive! Well done! So I'm curious about the last photo you posted of a field/empty lot. Do you do research to find what had been in that spot years ago?
The key to finding anything in our hobby is to find ground where old coins or objects are buried. To what do you attribute your remarkable success? And I get the 3 - 4 days a week for 3 plus hours. That is a high level of commitment. But how do you find good ground?
Just trying to learn from a guy who seems to have it figured out. Thanks!

Thanks MSCguy! I remember when I was younger In the valley of Texas, the circus would come around once a year and stay for a few weeks, sometimes they would rent a field here, next year they would come back and rent a field
somewhere else and so on. I remember those places well and am sure if anybody around my age lives there and detects, probably had or will have a great time there. As far as this spot is concerned, well it was one of my hunting buddies John that gets the credit for that. He found it by listening to the news. Just another place closing up that used to have a lot of activity, simple as that. HH

Way to go Jose. Congrats on the recent shiny finds and getting to 80 FTY. Not an easy thing to do these days. 100 should be doable. I had one of those quarter surprises earlier this year. Right out in the open, in a pounded city park, a stand alone shallow quarter signal. From 2in. down out comes a 43 GW. A treat for sure hen shiny shows up like that. Good luck. Mark
Thanks Mark! I will try my best and hope I can reach the 100, but if it's not to be, well I'm just glad I got the 2 to make it to 80, somehow that relieved the pressure of getting out of #78. Tell you what! It was killing me!:lol:

Congratulations on 80! I'm rooting for you to hit 100!
Thanks jhanson!

Hey Jose, congrats on 80! I hope 100 is in the cards for you this year. You are right, it’s gonna take some dedication and luck. Looks like the construction is moving more and more dirt. I was shocked last time I was there how far they had gone! Keep at it, amigo! I have to split my free time between “dirt silver” and “river silver”! :cool:
I will try my best but it's not looking good amigo Tom, but maybe you can help me out...........if you just keep river fishing for the rest of the year???
I might stand a chance, you think???

You think??

Thanks Tom!

I'm guessing I've logged maybe 50 hrs in the field this year and have dug in the range of 50 targets per trip. So if my math is correct that means I've dug close to or more than 2,500 targets and have found 2 silver coins and 1 silver cross.
Guess that means I'm going to have to start doing some research.
Your numbers are very impressive BCP. Keep it going.
HDD

Thanks HDD, we just happened to find a very good spot that had a lot of activity for many many years. Research and a bit of luck will run your silver numbers up for sure. HH

Congrats on 80 so far FTY. That's awesome. I doubt I ever have a year that good. Not where I live.
I've been stuck where I'm at 36 for weeks. I have not hunted much the ground is back to being like concrete again. It was near 100 degrees again last week. Cooling off, but no rain in sight. I'll be happy with 40 something FTY. My main digging buddy is up to 64 or 65, but he's at every weekend, and covering a lot of ground too.

Thanks Longbow62, thats the one thing I like about Michigan, the ground here for the most part is very easy digging, that is till the winter hits us then
it's digging thru inch and a half of ice. I used to do that but not anymore, getting too old for that.

Dang! :holycow: Congrats!

Thanks Soil Surgeon, too bad this doesn't happen every year!

Congrats on the 80.
That is quite a feat for 2022. Those shiny ones are getting tough......
What is the machine you're swinging the most recently?

If I'm lucky I get to hunt 3 days a week at 2 hours a day, so I guess we are on par if I had a bit more time to get out. I'm hoping to get 2 more for 40. Not too optimistic about trying for 50, but we'll see......
Big congrats again.....keep up the good work.

Thanks boback! I have not let loose of my Nox 600 since I got it, really like this machine!
It's a monster, especially in trashy areas. Really, the location that we've been hunting is what drove those numbers up that high, a lot of activity for I don't know how long. Hope you find a place like this someday! I believe that they will be closing this place up by the end of the year, then it will be back to the normal, like 20 or 30 fty.:(

Attachments

• IMG_20220925_184541.jpg
    IMG_20220925_184541.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 177
Back
Top Bottom