• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

28 Quarters for a new total of 1,059 and Two more Sterlings***Update 9/23/22 Now at 1,093 Quarters

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Again, I went back to my old faithful honey hole. Left early this morning from my home to beat the traffic and departed the site just prior to the employees and workers leaving for the day.

Today, I found an additional 28 quarters. This brings my current grand total of quarters from this one location to 1,059 or the cash equivalency of $264.75 just from all the quarters. And to mention dimes have been pretty good too. Plus for good measure I found two more sterlings, which are a large bent cross and smashed ring.

This site has been nothing less then insanely crazy! :shock: It certainly has been worth the drive getting there. Of course, I will be returning to it as I hope to find a goal 1,100+ quarters just from there. I am going to try and bleed this location clean for as long as I can.

Thanks for checking out my update!

***Update 9/23 photo below. Added 34 more quarters and another dollar coin too!

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2816.jpg
    IMG_2816.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Thank you!

Dude that just isn't fair.

Steve

Thanks Steve! I know, it's almost like taking candy from a baby. :lol: But the good news is that these sites are still in PA. In fact, I have another location lined up for hopefully later this year. My timing has to be just right. As I was at it earlier this year and pulled out a good number of quarters from it already.

Congrats, I wish I had a site that produced like that! Are you digging nickel signals?

Thanks Soil Surgeon! Good question you ask...for most of my prior hunts there I was hunting mid-tones and up and naturally found a whole bunch of nickels. But this time I was focusing on higher conductors with my frequency settings and modes. Since I found a merc the other day, I was hoping I could do it again with another silver coin, but it just did not happen. So I had to settle for a consolation prizes of sterlings and a bunch of pennies too.

Nice John, I really like that cross. Congrats on the sterling and clad haul. Sounds like you won't have any problem hitting the 1100 mark. And hopefully a few more silver coins. If your digging wheats, well you know the saying. Good luck. Mark

Wow…such a great spot and you are nailing it…seems like you must have done this detecting thing once or twice before…keep posting the results!

Thank you!

Nice John, I really like that cross. Congrats on the sterling and clad haul. Sounds like you won't have any problem hitting the 1100 mark. And hopefully a few more silver coins. If your digging wheats, well you know the saying. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark! I would have gone back there today but it's raining, although rain usually doesn't deter me. At first I thought that cross was crushed up corroded aluminum foil in the ground. Good thing I dug it up. Breaking into the 1K barrier of quarters sure as a unique feeling by itself. But no wheaties this time. I am trying all kinds of tricks, from settings, to ground sweeping directions and to coil sizes but at least it is still producing clad with I can bank on. :D Well, more continue success stories for all of us! John

Wow…such a great spot and you are nailing it…seems like you must have done this detecting thing once or twice before…keep posting the results!

Thanks FLOOD! The way I look at it, why go anywhere else when finds are this good. I am all for picking the low hanging fruit because if I don't I am sure someone else will or it will rot in the ground. :?: As we all know, research and just going for it are some of the main keys to finding and hunting these type of rare locations. Thanks again for reading the updated thread!

Last edited:
Thank you!

Wow, your arm must be tired. Good luck and keep 'em coming.

Thanks randy! Actually, the sun and the heat were getting to me more yesterday. :D After this location dries up, I may have to actually start hunting for silver or old coins. :laughing: But then again, it is all good! Randy thanks again for your kind words and good luck to you my neighbor!

Last edited:
Thank you!

Congrats, that cross is a stunner as far as I'm concerned!

Thanks Silverhorse! To me all those religious medals are kind of special especially when they are large and have some weight to them. It still amazes me as to how much stuff is still in the ground anywhere! And not only that, how much stuff I leave behind after detecting an area too. Thanks again!

Goodness, gracious!

What kind of location is it, park, ballfield, concession stand? I can't imagine what would have that much clad.

Thank you!

Goodness, gracious!

What kind of location is it, park, ballfield, concession stand? I can't imagine what would have that much clad.

Thanks Silver_Seeker! All I can say is it is a municipal parcel property. I went back there again today and recovered an additional 34 quarters and a dollar coin too. I think to myself, why go anywhere else, when things are this exceptionally lucrative. This is my best location I have ever found for quantity of coins. As the saying goes, "I shall return."

I went back there again today and recovered an additional 34 quarters and a dollar coin too. New grand total is 1,093 quarters.

I think to myself, why go anywhere else, when things are this exceptionally lucrative. This is my best location I have ever found for quantity coins. As the saying goes, "I shall return."

See photo above.

Thanks Silver_Seeker! All I can say is it is a municipal parcel property. I went back there again today and recovered an additional 34 quarters and a dollar coin too. I think to myself, why go anywhere else, when things are this exceptionally lucrative. This is my best location I have ever found for quantity coins. As the saying goes, "I shall return."

Keep liberating those coins!

I went back there again today and recovered an additional 34 quarters and a dollar coin too. New grand total is 1,093 quarters.

I think to myself, why go anywhere else, when things are this exceptionally lucrative. This is my best location I have ever found for quantity coins. As the saying goes, "I shall return."

See photo above.

Hehehe I don't blame you John! Keep ridding the soil of those quarters.

Steve

Decent amount of clad for as many trips as you've been there. I look at it a bit differently. Have you not found 1 gold ring there ?

Thank you!

Keep liberating those coins!

Thanks SeabeeRon! Those GWs needed some liberating after about a half a century in the ground. :laughing: Hey, I am just typing to do my part one quarter and a time. :lol:

Hehehe I don't blame you John! Keep ridding the soil of those quarters.

Steve

Thanks again Steve! I feel like I'm doing that community a favor of clearing out the semi-old metals pollution that have littered the ground for the next generation for their development and future. :D John

Congrats again John. I can't help thinkin depending on how long there had been activity at that site that there has got be to be alot of deep older coins. Is it the old black dirt ? Or do you think it has fill ? Iron in the soil ? Man what a site. Good luck. Mark

Back
Top Bottom