2 more silvers at the first townsite.

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
I went back to the first mining townsite today and found some nice coins and relics. The first place I stopped was just off what was once the main road through town where the grass was much thinner. I found a peep glass, probably for checking oil for machinery, a 1941 jefferson, and the 1923 merc!

IMG_20220518_122012788_HDR (2).jpg

After that I moved up to the general store/office parking area, and started hunting up the hill. The views are spectacular, and its a nice spot to see the two of the few remaining structures of the townsite: the old Catholic church, and the mine supervisors home. A family lives in the renovated church, while I believe the supervisors house, white house to the left, is vacant.

IMG_20220518_132522067 (2).jpg

I found a couple of wheats on the hill, along with 2 miners tags. As I was turning back to call it a day, I got a nice 26-27 signal on the NOX. When I dug the hole, I found a neat ring about 5" down. At first I thought it was a junker, but when I got home and cleaned it, I saw STERLING embossed on the ring part! Its too bad the stone (agate?) is chipped

IMG_20220518_145314162 (2).jpg

IMG_20220518_145330266 (2).jpg

When I got back to the truck, I decided to do one more small circle and dug up this 1949 plate. Too bad it wasnt in good shape!

IMG_20220518_141245974_HDR (2).jpg

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Absolutely love the design of that vintage sterling ring. The Merc looks like it's in really good shape as well.

Absolutely love the design of that vintage sterling ring. The Merc looks like it's in really good shape as well.

Thanks, Silverhorse!

Nice finds Tommy, congrats on the shiny and other cool finds. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark!

Great finds and great scenery

Thanks Josh!

Nice finds on a beautiful permission!

Thanks, zee! Heck, even if I just find junk, its a very nice place just to walk around in.

Another chapter of a great adventure Tom. Congrats on the War Nickel and the Merc. The stone on that ring may be chipped but it is still as beautiful hunk of Sterling. Trapper

Another chapter of a great adventure Tom. Congrats on the War Nickel and the Merc. The stone on that ring may be chipped but it is still as beautiful hunk of Sterling. Trapper

Thank you, Trapper!

Back
Top Bottom