5 Silver Day and a Little Bit of Copper

jack&jill

Elite Member
Its been a few days since I last got out detecting but thought I'd catch everybody up on the activities. Weather here has put a big limit on the fun but its something we all have to put up with. Anyways I went back to a park I had some success at earlier this year. Not a lot of targets but those I did get really had depth and a really slow pace had to be used to locate them. Pulled my first War Nickel of the year then followed with adding 3 Rosie's over the next four hours. Had some descent numbers on the CTX but not awfully high cut a deep plug and pulled out a black rough bowed disc. Had to wait until I got home to clean it before I could Identify it. Turned out it was a fired 1950 Washington Quarter giving me my 5th Silver of the hunt. Returned to the site a couple of days later and managed just one lone Rosie for a four hour effort on that outing. Last weekend I took the trip North to the Yooper Country. While I did have some good success and a lot of fun the take was not the amount my wishful thinking had anticipated. The last picture is of one Mike dug that is called a Half Breed. The White appearing spots in the Copper is Silver. This piece had at least 20 areas that were showing. As always hope all great health and lots of clean plugs. Trapper

Attachments

• 3-28-21 1 .jpg
    3-28-21 1 .jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 636
  • 3-28-21 .jpg
    3-28-21 .jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 608
  • copper .jpg
    copper .jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 591
  • copper 5 .jpg
    copper 5 .jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 585
  • copper 6 .jpg
    copper 6 .jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 596
Dang I like that copper more than the silvers... I think... I dunno... both very impressive! That toasted Wash is interesting! Nice work Trapper!

Very nice finds trapper! I hope to get over to copper country someday as well. Love those half breeds, congrats on the silver and copper!

Trapper, congrats on the dimes, war and the GW! Good to see you back into the silver game again.
Appreciate your reply. Actually never left the game just had a lot of setbacks last year John. The plan is hunting a little more this year but it will be permissions rather than public grounds, a lot depends on time allowed. But it should up my chances at digging success.
Nice silver finds and cool copper nuggets.
Thank you for you kind remarks. It is always a thrill to dig good results when it happens.
Dang I like that copper more than the silvers... I think... I dunno... both very impressive! That toasted Wash is interesting! Nice work Trapper!
Thank you Jeff for your reply. Got into digging the Copper last year and hope to do a lot more of it this year. Not sure I like the Copper better than the Silver but unless I dig a rare collectable coin the Copper is much more valuable.
Congrats on the silver buddy. Love the copper, those are really cool.
Appreciate the kind comments Jason, thank you. Not been able to hunt hard yet this year but I still hope to put together a respectable tally by years end. The Copper digging is a great thrill but it takes a lot more physical effort, that's for sure. The examples sure have a wide range of character, size and shapes . Trapper

Attaboy Trapper. Some productive hunting there. Congrats on the 5 silver hunt, haven't seen one of those in a while. The GW may be crusty but still a brick in your house of silver. And glad to see you went north again, particularly after the last trip. What do you do with the copper you do find, melt it, sell it ? Or just display like other relics. Never knew anything about copper hunting till I saw Yooper posting on it. Good luck, Mark

Very nice finds trapper! I hope to get over to copper country someday as well. Love those half breeds, congrats on the silver and copper!
Thank you Jeff for the kind words. I know Mike would be thrilled if you ever make the trip to Copper Country. I'm very sure he'd love to talk Red Wings with you for hours. The Half Breeds are rare and special for sure. While I have not experienced digging one myself I have been with Yooper when he has now dug 3.
Attaboy Trapper. Some productive hunting there. Congrats on the 5 silver hunt, haven't seen one of those in a while. The GW may be crusty but still a brick in your house of silver. And glad to see you went north again, particularly after the last trip. What do you do with the copper you do find, melt it, sell it ? Or just display like other relics. Never knew anything about copper hunting till I saw Yooper posting on it. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark for all the support. Been pretty lucky when time has been available this year This was my second 5 Silver outing this year and while I have still only been out for 5 hunts all have produced one Silver. Hope to get out for a couple hunts this weekend. As far as the Cooper goes it all will be sold, although I still have my first piece I dug years ago from a piece I dug at our neighborhood school down here in southern Wisconsin.
Nice outing Trapper. Happy Hunting
Thank you for the reply Jonny. Hope to provide a few more of these types of hunts in the future.
Good hunting Trapper, hope the weather turns for you.
Thank you Liam. Good weather has returned but the delays it cause has put me way behind in garden projects. Been working hard so I can get back out detecting and adding to the coffers. Trapper

Great report Trap ,
So happy to see you getting out .
Love all the shiny saves as usual .
Keep us posted . Holy smokes!
HH
,Dew

5 silvers is a great day , Congrats
Got to totally agree with you. A 5 Silver day is a fantastic day and so far this year I have been blessed with two of them. I like to have hope that I can again experience another hunt like these in the future.
Congrats on silvers and copper nugs! Nice!
Thank you for your kind remarks. There is always a thrill seeing shine in the hole or a nice hunk of Copper winking from the depth of its burial plot.
Great report Trap ,
So happy to see you getting out .
Love all the shiny saves as usual .
Keep us posted . Holy smokes!
HH
,Dew
Getting out some Brad but not real often, although I have had pretty nice results for my efforts. Sure would like to get out again with you and Brett. Give me a holler when you can find some time to plan something. Trapper

Congrats on the silver & copper, Trapper! How much do those chunks of copper weigh? :?:
Appreciate your reply Garrett, thank you. The weight of those nuggets I have pictured are varied, The picture with the two both are about 5 or 6 pounds the one with the Quarter is about 10. The one with the Silver (Half Breed) is maybe a half pound. These are not the biggest we have dug but they come in all kinds of sizes. Mike (Yooper) has a 300 pounder to his credit earlier this year. Trapper

Appreciate your reply Garrett, thank you. The weight of those nuggets I have pictured are varied, The picture with the two both are about 5 or 6 pounds the one with the Quarter is about 10. The one with the Silver (Half Breed) is maybe a half pound. These are not the biggest we have dug but they come in all kinds of sizes. Mike (Yooper) has a 300 pounder to his credit earlier this year. Trapper
:wow2: Those must be a decent amount of work to dig up! :digginahole:

Congratulations on some silver there buddy! Now just get back up here and start findind something alittle older like maybe something around the 10,000 plus years or older . 🤣

Back
Top Bottom