First couple days with Nox 800

CBhunter1

Day 1
I made a little garden in the backyard to test my new detector. After going over this area a few times in different directions i moved into the yard. I was expecting to find construction debris since our house is not that old. Surprising I found a quarter, penny and a small piece of copper. Later that day when it warmed up I went down to the beach for about 45 minutes. There were not very many targets but I suspect that its been hit pretty hard during the winter. With no tourist to refresh it I suspect it may be summer before it starts producing. On the beach I found a can and a pull tab.

Day 2
Since the beach was a bust for me and the wind was blowing 15+ knots I decided to go across the street to some dunes. This area is next to a road but there is nothing there now. What was there in the past I do not know. I stayed in a 50 circle and the targets were plentiful. This is just what I was looking for! I'm new and I want targets to dig so I can learn the machine. I found cans, shell casings, bullets and all kinds of scrap. It was getting a little late in the day and I was working my way back to the house when I got a solid signal and I found my first penny! It was a great way to end the day. I did detect back to the road but did not dig any more targets. Overall I had a great day and learned a lot.

I travel for work and I'll be leaving Monday for 3 weeks. I'll be working in NYC and Philly. Do y'all take your detectors everywhere?

Attachments

• First Run.jpg
    First Run.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 524
  • Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 490
  • Dune 1.jpg
    Dune 1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 507
  • Dune 2.jpg
    Dune 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 514
  • Dune 3.jpg
    Dune 3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 507
  • DJI_0106.jpg
    DJI_0106.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 500
Congrats on the new detector- the Nox 800 is a great all-around machine! Looks like you are off to a good start and are in a nice location.
You don't necessarily need to wait until the summer for the beaches to start producing. Don't forget that the surf and wind will move a lot of sand around if the conditions are right and put good targets within reach of the metal detector. Many of these targets are lost years ago but need sand movement to find them, especially the heavier gold and silver targets that have a tendency to sink deep in the sand.
Hunting during low tide by the water's edge after a storm is often a good place to start. Look for signs of beach erosion- cuts, slopes, low areas, exposed rocks, etc.. Good luck! :yes:

That’s the way to do it...hunt hunt hunt! NOTHING except EXPERIENCE will get you the needed...EXPERIENCE! Go figure, right?:lol:
During our hunting season I try to have a machine in the car at all times. They’re fine in my trunk, my car doesn’t hold heat because of special tinting and the trunk stays mild to cool. Don’t leave it out in the open inside the car, someone might get stupid ideas and break in. All valuables out of sight, as a rule.
That being said...if you travel and might have a little (or a lot) of extra time to burn, then yes, detector goes with!

Maybe try a nearby park, baseball diamond, or basketball court with grass around it. The digging is a little harder than the beach, but I think you’ll get more clad and learn the tones/target IDs quicker.

R5

Back
Top Bottom