• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 hunts 5 gold

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
I picked up the 18ct gold chain with the excal (tiny blip of a signal) and the other 4 with the pulsedive. The big signet ring is 18ct and 11.85g, the 2 tone ring is 9ct and 7 grams, the little bit of chain is 14ct.
The ring you can see encrusted in iron I don't know it fineness, but it's definately gold - I gave it the slightest wipe around the rim and it was shining back at me. I think it's been trapped against a piece of iron which has crusted around it. I'm keeping it this way because it looks awesome and my 8yo thinks it's genuine pirate treasure because of it.

FYI I tested the excal on it and it nulls it out, so pick your weapons people as no one detector is perfect.

Attachments

• 20210225_134542.jpg
    20210225_134542.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 798
  • 20210225_111849.jpg
    20210225_111849.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 771
Wow that’s some stellar hunting there! Interesting on the pulsedive, I may have to get me one of those for snorkeling the lakes and river. Very cool. Congrats on all the gold!!!

Wow that’s some stellar hunting there! Interesting on the pulsedive, I may have to get me one of those for snorkeling the lakes and river. Very cool. Congrats on all the gold!!!

It's only a 5 inch coil standard, but they have an 8 inch which would go alright.
You've gotta dig like a man possessed though, I normally film stuff but I did almost none today because it was soaking up too much effort.
It'll go off at everything metal within about 10 inches, and you need to resist the temptation to swing it fast because deep targets take a split second to sound off and a fast swing will miss stuff.

It's only a 5 inch coil standard, but they have an 8 inch which would go alright.
You've gotta dig like a man possessed though, I normally film stuff but I did almost none today because it was soaking up too much effort.
It'll go off at everything metal within about 10 inches, and you need to resist the temptation to swing it fast because deep targets take a split second to sound off and a fast swing will miss stuff.

Thanks for the added info. Did you buy one from a sponsor here? It’ll be a bit before I can really consider one, but lots of lakes up my way :). Nox does well but snorkeling is fun.

I just did a sneaky acid test on the gold ring stuck in the conglomerate - it tested good at 14k, so higher than I expected.
I wonder if there's a diamond stuck in there. Atleast that's what I asked my wife to stir her up.

I just did a sneaky acid test on the gold ring stuck in the conglomerate - it tested good at 14k, so higher than I expected.
I wonder if there's a diamond stuck in there. Atleast that's what I asked my wife to stir her up.
Tell her you took it to a jeweler to get x-rayed and its showing "a large stone in the 4 carat range". :lol:

Tell her you took it to a jeweler to get x-rayed and its showing "a large stone in the 4 carat range". :lol:

There'd be an assassination I think. I only seem to find rings that don't fit her so all this gold action is killing her at the moment.

Ok update on the ring stuck in the conglomerate. I went hunting today and found nothing, so I got home and decided to unearth this ring and see what it was.
So I started carefully cleaning with CLR a bit at a time and I was a bit surprised to see it had a setting with a stone in it, which turned out to be an opal!

Unfortunately the opal has some surface cracks in it and when the ring came away it took a chip out, but it's a solid opal and the backside looks perfect so I'm confident I could get a jewller to flip the stone over and show the otherside to restore it.

I'm not sure yet how old it is, but I'm thinking similar to the other art nouveau opal ring I found about 100 years, I mean look at how it was crusted in there!

Attachments

• 20210228_150216.jpg
    20210228_150216.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 394
  • 20210228_142226.jpg
    20210228_142226.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 20210228_142211.jpg
    20210228_142211.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 341
That encrusted ring is one of the coolest finds I have ever seen. Like a treasure hunt within a treasure hunt! Would be interested in seeing it again, after the jeweler cleans it up and maybe flips the opal.

That's a beautiful ring well worth the refurbishing.

Back
Top Bottom