A great day of swinging

imukdiver

Got a new permission and for the most part the yard was empty, just the occasional wheat. Then I got down into the bottom corner along the road. It's a tangle of maple and pine trees, so roots are everywhere. But man is it worth digging 3 coppers and 3 colonial buckle frames ! Made this years Indian tribe grow by 3. A few flat buttons as well. One nearly gave me a heart attack it had almost all of its gold gilt and no shank. Also picked up a merc along the way. Good luck and good hunting all

Attachments

• IMG_2992.jpg
    IMG_2992.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 642
Wait, am I reading this correctly ? You got 3 colonial coppers/LC' IN A SINGLE HUNT ! ? Sick. Just plain sick. :sissyfight:

Honestly Tom I've done it before. It seems if you find the right yard it can and does happen. My guess is they are yards that had some kind of roadside stand. Todays finds were along the main road running into Lancaster from the Susquehanna River. Lancaster is the oldest inland city in America. I just got very lucky. Funny thing is it's been over 2 years since I've dug any silver older than a barber.

.... Funny thing is it's been over 2 years since I've dug any silver older than a barber.

And yet you dig LC's and colonial coppers during that 2 yrs, right ? Oh my west coast heart is now Crying alligator tears for you. Oh the pain ! ;)

Epic. Largies, Indians and colonial buckles. The only things missing are seated silvers and a gold coin - you need to do better next time, lol

Wow man! I jump up and down when I hit an Indian head penny around here. :laughing: Can’t imagine hitting a large cent.

Back
Top Bottom