New guy here, first 4 hunts of the year.

Dan(NM)

Elite Member
First post on the coin forum, I've been posting on the water and beach forum for the last year. I started hunting this lake after we moved to TX in 2019, it's about 5 minutes from my house. It produced over 100 rings last year because the water level had been dropping all year. I did very little, in the water hunts, since I was able to hunt the dry, exposed beaches.

Since all goods things must come to an end, water on the rise, I had to start hitting out of the way spots. Jan.1 I stumbled onto a spot that started producing silver coins and a couple of rings. I had dug a wheat here and there over the course of the year, but, figured it was just pocket change.

The first picture is from 1-1-2021. The first silver coin I found was the 52 Washington, next, less than 10' from that, was the gold ring, followed by the silver ring. The next 30 minutes got real crazy, I moved down towards the water and got a 33-34 hit on my Nox, I figured I was digging a large silver ring, lol, turned out to be a Benjamin half, I almost fell over. The last thing on earth I expected. Within 20 minutes I got another 33-34 hit, I thought, no way!! It was another silver half, walking liberty. Ended up finding 6 wheats as well.

I went back on 1-4, had another stellar day with 1 more walker and the items in picture #2

I decided to rehunt the same spot that I had hunted the first 2 times just for giggles and had yet another multiple silver day.

Today's hunt produced 3 silver dimes , silver war nickle and 21 wheats. My jewelry dried up, but the silver coins and wheat have picked up the slack.

14 silvers and 35 wheats FTY

FYI, I was able to locate the owner of the ring, he lost it in May 1967, finally made it's way home after 54 years, he was thrilled!!

Attachments

• lake keepers 1-1-2021.jpg
    lake keepers 1-1-2021.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 519
  • good coins.jpg
    good coins.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 478
  • treasure.jpg
    treasure.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 485
  • treasures.jpg
    treasures.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 498
First post on the coin forum, I've been posting on the water and beach forum for the last year. I started hunting this lake after we moved to TX in 2019, it's about 5 minutes from my house. It produced over 100 rings last year because the water level had been dropping all year. I did very little, in the water hunts, since I was able to hunt the dry, exposed beaches. ......

You've got a good nose for finding locations with silver!

Nice finds and a great return. Bet he was surprised. Now do as you please and I know many are against it, but if I had those two halves, I would scrub them with some baking soda to clean them up. I love to make old silver shine. (If they are not extremely "rare" coins of course)

Amazing spot you found! Those types of sites don't come around too often. Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan. Where about? I am in southwest Austin area.

Back
Top Bottom