2nd gold , it's old and it's small

KOB

Forum Supporter
This is the following day from my last hunt at a different beach. No secret here for you local boys , it's HB. Cut was about 3' tall x 300 yards. No other hunters in sight. 5 rings. I old small gold "nut" ring with weird markings , 2 silver , 2 junkers , usual clad , etc. Not alot of trash. Drag marks pic is after an hour or so. Again , as I got lower ( where the guy is walking ) the targets got sparse. Very odd , because this is typically my favorite area to hunt and take down big scores. Can't complain though. Had fun , got some exercise and....gold is gold !
5b1a9eeb55caa96917956bc5666fa73b.jpg
6dfa803d31c6320d77c80120c01ce51a.jpg
f38c7901485c4de95136cd8a3e922360.jpg
6798799faf8f90b70e258ed2eedde6a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Nice report. I love the pix of the cut !

What was your coin count ?

:dingding: Only 1 time have I seen anything that remotely approximated the look of that cut here and I scored a very nice stainless and gold Bvulgari. Congrats on all the rings and especially on the one that matters!
Nice report. I love the pix of the cut!
X2
Nice hunt, congrats! As Felix says, "they fit". :grin:
;)

They fit ? Lol... just a fast , quick way to try and snap a pic. I don't spend much time on pics. The ring has 6 sides of little grooves that must have held stones or enamel , idk. Just sand and debris in it now , hasn't been cleaned. A cut like this is usually where I'm good for a couple gold fattys or diamond ring. But I was tired after 3 hours. This was my 4th hunt in a row. I hope somebody from here hits it again , for I need a few days off. My clad was about $5-6 . Seldom do I count exact and also I don't count the Felix pennies I toss out.

Nice ring KOB... I found a wedding band a few years ago like that but no stones... is that writing on the inside of the ring?

Congrats on the gold KOB. That’s my go-to beach location when we used to (pre covid) visit my father in law.... nice looking cut.

Can you explain how you search such a cut?
Is the base the right area?

As a general rule , you want to follow the tide out. Under normal circumstances in the picture I will hunt the waters edge and work my way up to the vertical base of the cut. But my local knowledge of what's been producing and where has led me to the opposite. The targets have been up high. In the pic you can see how I went parallel to the cut with dig holes , and by dragging my scoop. This was my 2nd pass and I overlap my swings slowly. Then I will work vertically up and down the cut creating a cross grid. As soon as I saw this cut , from experience I knew there were goodies to be had.

Nice score KOB...looked like fun from my living room.....may I indulge you for a moment? Would you say this cut developed a few days after the peak high tide and without the aid of any meaningful winds?
-Jerry

Nice score KOB...looked like fun from my living room.....may I indulge you for a moment? Would you say this cut developed a few days after the peak high tide and without the aid of any meaningful winds?
-Jerry
It was not more than a day. No winds of late. If there were , it would have cut deep in the beach. My few friends and I have eyeballs all over ! As of right now , that cut is already gone....Sometimes I can watch a cut being made and then disappear in a matter of a few hours. And other times , a cut will last for 3 or 4 days....

Congrats KOB. I took the drive down to my tried and beach of choice. Two days worth. 1st day I got out about 2 hrs before low tide and walked the tide back. 1 silver ring. Day 2 I decided to get in the wet. Threw on my suit, got my sting ray boots on, did the sting ray shuffle and got a big ZERO! By the time I though to go back up to the top of the dry I was spent! Don't think I'll be driving down to the beaches anymore. At least not in a 3/4 ton truck with a camper on it. Just isn't worth it.

It was not more than a day. No winds of late. If there were , it would have cut deep in the beach. My few friends and I have eyeballs all over ! As of right now , that cut is already gone....Sometimes I can watch a cut being made and then disappear in a matter of a few hours. And other times , a cut will last for 3 or 4 days....

Yep, we've had decent swells and tides, but no winds to complete the trifecta. We are continuing to have decent swells and tides with no wind in sight; it will be interesting to see if anything opens up.
-Jerry

Back
Top Bottom