• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus Grabs Another Gold!

Diggum

Elite Member
I am hunting a farm that is has been sold, and which the farmer is clearing of a century of trash and relics. So far, I'd found only trash (tons of bottle caps, aluminum scrap, lead, TONS of iron, etc.), but shortly before I had to leave for the day, I got a nice, shaky TID mid tone on the Deus. Thinking I might get lucky and hit another nickel (I'd found one earlier), I dug it with not a lot of expectation. Imagine my surprise when this little beauty came out of the hole!

I estimate it at about 6 grams (it barely fits on the tip of my pinky, but it's super chunky 14K!), but I don't know for sure because the farmer kept it, saying it may be his wife's old wedding band.

Supposedly there is a cache of coins that his grandfather deposited on the property, so if we can find that, I'll have a HUGE post in the future. Not holding my breath for that, though... :laughing:

Attachments

• 20201125_123827.jpg
    20201125_123827.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 20201125_123841.jpg
    20201125_123841.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 418
That's a nice score! I am a little skeptical about the farmer's claim though. It may be his wife's old band? Seems to me that he should know for sure with one look, given it's unique design...unless by "old" he meant it would have been from a prior marriage? Just saying it sounds like a made up excuse to keep the gold. Good on ya either way though!

That's a nice score! I am a little skeptical about the farmer's claim though. It may be his wife's old band? Seems to me that he should know for sure with one look, given it's unique design...unless by "old" he meant it would have been from a prior marriage? Just saying it sounds like a made up excuse to keep the gold. Good on ya either way though!

Yeah, I agree, but he didn't have the greedy look when he saw it. He had more of a nostalgic look, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. In any case, it's his unless he allows me to have it. And he let me keep the scrap I've found so far, even the old hose nozzle! :yes:

Nice score! Would like to see that ring cleaned up, would be cool if he actually gave it back to you. I'm guessing the probability of that is... 1 / 100?? Still, great find!!!

Nice score! Would like to see that ring cleaned up, would be cool if he actually gave it back to you. I'm guessing the probability of that is... 1 / 100?? Still, great find!!!
I would, too, and yes, it would be awesome if he gave it to me, but I don't expect that. I did find a gold ring at another permission a few years ago, and they let me keep that one, to my amazement. They were super cool people! Just got a kick out of me getting a kick out of finding stuff in their lawn (silver nickels, wheats, silver dimes, gold ring...)

Beautiful! Love the gold rings! Congrats
Cheers
Doc
Merci, Doc!

Nice gold ring, looks like a man's ring.
I keep saying if it rings up a nickel it can be a gold ringđź‘Ť:yes:
Definitely chunky but something like a size 5, so a woman's ring, I think.

Hah, give that farmer an Oscar then
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom