Where's the gold!!!

Dan(NM)

Elite Member
On vacation this week and have been putting in the hours at the local swimming hole. I was able to pull my third James Avery piece of jewelry in the last 3 days.
This one must have been dropped in the dry sand because all the others silver I found have been tarnished black like the little rope ring.
Having a heckva time putting the coil over any gold, I'm digging all the right trash, but, it's being elusive. I know there has to be a piece somewhere in this lake :)

I'm still hunting the exposed areas of the shoreline while the water level is down. There must be 90-100 feet of dry ground between the water and the old shoreline.

Attachments

• Rings.jpg
    Rings.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 552
  • todays total finds.jpg
    todays total finds.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 622
  • lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 526
sheesk, with all those sinkers and tabs, you are way over-due for a gold ring there. Are you sure that's a swim beach, and not strictly a fishing beach ? :?:

Enjoy the conditions while you can, spots like that when they go back underwater will be underwater for a loooooong time...

WOW on the sinkers! There's gold there. I have no doubt.

Congrats on all the James Avery's- that's impressive! I agree that it seems that there has to be gold there. Maybe now that you have removed so much trash the odds of finding that gold will go up? Good luck!

If there's Avery silvers there's got to be gold..

It looks like you're digging all the right stuff, except I really think you should dig even lower and more sketchy signals..

Once you start getting .22 bullets, bird shot, and split shot sinkers, you will be getting the gold too..

There's gold there 100% sure..

Tom you asked the question i was about to ask. There is a spot i know that lots of people go to in Sarasota.....you can fill your pockets several times over with lead.... but rarely gold. Mostly fishermen...... and beer can and pull tabs. Sometimes you see their family setting on towels and a few set in the water. Im sure the golds there.....but you have to grind to find any jewelry.

Enjoy the conditions while you can, spots like that when they go back underwater will be underwater for a loooooong time...

I've been working from the water up just for that reason, there are 4 different spots with a large amount of exposed areas. I'm working against time and mother nature.

If there's Avery silvers there's got to be gold..

It looks like you're digging all the right stuff, except I really think you should dig even lower and more sketchy signals..

Once you start getting .22 bullets, bird shot, and split shot sinkers, you will be getting the gold too..

There's gold there 100% sure..

I dig everything from 0 and up on the Nox, I dug slivers of foil, slaw etc....I think these swimming leave the gold in the vehicles or at home.

I dig everything from 0 and up on the Nox, I dug slivers of foil, slaw etc....I think these swimming leave the gold in the vehicles or at home.

No doubt that some people take these precautions but I believe that most people don't think that they will lose their jewelry. It fits too well or they will be careful. People pretty much behave the same all over the country- maybe the world.
Do boats/jet skis pull into these beaches? Boating areas even if they are not designated as "swim areas" can be very lucrative. GL&HH!

Here's my take. Looks more like a fishing spot than swimming. Due to the coin/ring - to tab , sinker ratio. Looks like you've cleared this area out pretty good. On the Nox , I would adjust it for more depth , lower sweep speed and more importantly put some threshold on it for the deep faints. Or better yet , use a pulse. Good luck on the gold.

Back
Top Bottom