• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

July Report & a Very Generous Family

jack&jill

Elite Member
Well all thought I stop in and make a report. July was again a very slow month but at least I dug something other than Dimes. The 6 Silver's dug now has me standing at 71 FTY. Really did not hunt a lot with other activities taking a lot of time. The month ended in tragedy but it was made a lot better by a very generous family. I am truly blessed to have a friend in Yooper69. I was involved in a very bad accident and became stranded in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. My Vehicle was totally destroyed and he along with his family allowed me to take refuge in his home. Further he took me where ever I needed to go and then took a 15 hour drive to haul me and my possessions back to my home. I can not say thank you enough and how appreciated I was for the Generous hospitality from Mike and his family.The reason I was up this way was to experience the detecting for raw Copper and to do some prospecting. Believe me when I say that Mike knows his business in these areas. Now I did not have the success that he had but I did have some good success. Check out his thread in the Stories area on this forum to see some very nice hunks of Copper.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=284468
One piece is a very nice example of Character Copper and is included with the pic's. Also dug a two headed axe head out in the deep woods. I think this item will clean up nicely and I'd hope to restore it.

I don't think there will be a lot of hunting in the near future. This is because of the accident. Hope that nobody else has to ever go through this experience. Until the next. Trapper

Attachments

• July 2020 .jpg
    July 2020 .jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 727
  • k. copperpg .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg .jep.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 681
  • k. copperpg 1 .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg 1 .jep.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 683
  • k. copperpg 2 .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg 2 .jep.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 691
  • k. copperpg 3 .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg 3 .jep.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 671
  • axe .jpg
    axe .jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 683
  • axe 1 .jpg
    axe 1 .jpg
    133 KB · Views: 678
  • axe 2 .jpg
    axe 2 .jpg
    47 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
Wow I am so sorry to hear about your accident trapper! I am really glad you are back on here and safe. Yooper sounds like a stand up guy as well. Hope things get better in the near future and you are able to get back to some form of normalcy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the accident and all the legal proceedings that need to take place with the insurance companies. I'm so glad you weren't injured badly. Hope this all resolves quickly and you can get back to the hobby. Good to have friends that are willing to come to the aid. That's invaluable. I know you'd do the same if any of us were in a similar situation. Just really glad it wasn't worse.

Good grief! I'm very sorry to hear that that happened Trapper, but I'm glad that you were able to get out physically unscathed and back home.

All the best to you.

Wow I am so sorry to hear about your accident trapper! I am really glad you are back on here and safe. Yooper sounds like a stand up guy as well. Hope things get better in the near future and you are able to get back to some form of normalcy.
Appreciate the very kind words Ben. Normalcy will be a ways down the road but I can say I do look forward to finding it in the future. Trapper
Sorry for the accident and all the legal proceedings that need to take place with the insurance companies. I'm so glad you weren't injured badly. Hope this all resolves quickly and you can get back to the hobby. Good to have friends that are willing to come to the aid. That's invaluable. I know you'd do the same if any of us were in a similar situation. Just really glad it wasn't worse.
Thank you Tyler for the kind sentiments as they are appreciated. Yes it is truly great to have such a friend that I have with Mike. Trapper
Good grief! I'm very sorry to hear that that happened Trapper, but I'm glad that you were able to get out physically unscathed and back home.

All the best to you.
It was a fantastic vacation until this event arrived. Further bad news concerns you the rod that I had for you has been in my truck for months waiting on a hunt with you. I had it behind the seat on the passenger side and it was destroyed. It now is wrenched and rapped around the seat between the seat and pinned by the door. The only extra rod I have now is a "Nox" one. Trapper

Last edited:
Trapper, wow...it makes me think again, how someone's life can change in a heart beat. Even after all this, you still are positive about things and find the time to write/post and to share your unfortunate situation. Continue to stay strong with everything. I hope for your fast recovery and well being. But, I still have to say, congrats on silver fty 71 and the copper!

Sad thing; the tragedy there. We could all take a moment to consider how suddenly we could be "resting in peace". I know you will hang through this rough patch, and be back on the road before long. Me? I'm going to try to get/stay in shape, so I can keep up with you mad diggers if I ever get the chance...

Congratulations on those nice finds, I love those quarters.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It sounds like you've been blessed with a very selfless friend though

Trapper, wow...it makes me think again, how someone's life can change in a heart beat. Even after all this, you still are positive about things and find the time to write/post and to share your unfortunate situation. Continue to stay strong with everything. I hope for your fast recovery and well being. But, I still have to say, congrats on silver fty 71 and the copper!
Thank you for your support. No truer words John. Life can change just that fast. I know that I have experience a lot of things in my life but this one has really hit hard. Time will ease a lot of the issues but it has still left a mark. Trapper
Sad thing; the tragedy there. We could all take a moment to consider how suddenly we could be "resting in peace". I know you will hang through this rough patch, and be back on the road before long. Me? I'm going to try to get/stay in shape, so I can keep up with you mad diggers if I ever get the chance...
I hope to get back up for another visit as soon as possible Blaise but facing the circumstances right now I know it will be a while before that happens. There is a most defendant challenge in this type of hunting. Trapper
Congratulations on those nice finds, I love those quarters.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It sounds like you've been blessed with a very selfless friend though
Truly blessed for sure Levi. I am very appreciative of this man along with his family. As far as digging the Quarters it was very welcomed as I had dug only dimes the previous two months. Trapper

Sorry to hear about the accident Trapper. Hopefully you’re ok and just your vehicle got hurt. Congrats on the finds and I hope you’ll be back hunting again very soon.

Wow, Trapper, first of all, am very glad you are OK! I can agree, sounds like something no one would want to go thru. And glad you have such a good friend in Mike and how he was able to help out! I enjoy your finds and posts and consider you a friend for sure, so please keep in touch with all of us on the Forum.

Glad you are still with us trapper. Those pesky vehicles kill more people then most other things every year. I hope you are able to make a full recovery and that your luck swings back the other way to pull up some big silvers!

Great to hear you'll be ok Trapper. Sorry to hear you had to go through an unnecessary tragedy. Seems you've had your share. On a good note you're a tough old bird, you seem to come out relatively unscathed on these mishaps. God bless. And you are blessed to have a friend like Mike, friends like that make our lives a little richer.

Nice to see you got out and scored some shiny. As of this morning a lowly Rosie is worth over two bucks a piece. If this keeps up people will be even more hesitant to let us dig in their yards. Hope things get better for you. Good luck, Mark

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate series of events trapper, my thoughts are with all involved. On a positive note, that's a very nice piece of copper, and the silver is always a nice plus. Will be looking out for your next post, good luck out there!

I share the feelings of what has been said by all the previous posters . I hope everything works out as well as it possibly can for you . Sorry to hear what you have went and are going thru .Kudos to Mike for his help in your time of need .

Sorry to hear about the accident Trapper. Hopefully you’re ok and just your vehicle got hurt. Congrats on the finds and I hope you’ll be back hunting again very soon.
Thank you Scott for your kind reply. Time will ease and heal the remnants of this incident. I just need to find the patients with dealing my lost independence. Trapper
Wow, Trapper, first of all, am very glad you are OK! I can agree, sounds like something no one would want to go thru. And glad you have such a good friend in Mike and how he was able to help out! I enjoy your finds and posts and consider you a friend for sure, so please keep in touch with all of us on the Forum.
Not to sure I'm Okay David but over time all wounds heal, at least a bit. No doubt Mike made the tragedy a whole lot easier to handle and I can not thank him enough for all he did. I do look forward to again resuming some form of normalcy in the future. Trapper
Glad you are still with us trapper. Those pesky vehicles kill more people then most other things every year. I hope you are able to make a full recovery and that your luck swings back the other way to pull up some big silvers!
Life has held a lot of experiences for me. I have been blessed in surviving some of those adventures and hope to be around for a lot more of them. Just hope they are not any more like this one. Trevor I to hope the pendent again swings back the other way as this last 3 months have been a bit aggravating. Trapper

Last edited:
Oh no, that sounds horrible buddy. I am so glad you are ok and I’m sure it’s a pretty terrifying thing that will not be soon forgotten. That was very nice of yooper to help you out like he did. Hang in there and congrats on the silver.

Great to hear you'll be ok Trapper. Sorry to hear you had to go through an unnecessary tragedy. Seems you've had your share. On a good note you're a tough old bird, you seem to come out relatively unscathed on these mishaps. God bless. And you are blessed to have a friend like Mike, friends like that make our lives a little richer.

Nice to see you got out and scored some shiny. As of this morning a lowly Rosie is worth over two bucks a piece. If this keeps up people will be even more hesitant to let us dig in their yards. Hope things get better for you. Good luck, Mark
Thank very much for your kind words. Being a tough old bird I do carry a few scars Mark. Have experienced a lot of adventures both good and bad. Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew though and have to learn to cut back a bit. Guess getting old means you just can't bounce back as fast and I find that hard to take. One thing for sure is I am very blessed to have Mikes friendship.
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate series of events trapper, my thoughts are with all involved. On a positive note, that's a very nice piece of copper, and the silver is always a nice plus. Will be looking out for your next post, good luck out there!
Appreciate the reply Jeff, thank you. Life throws you a curve ball every now and then. I don't think this will anchor me forever but it will be a challenge regaining from this incident and all that was lost. Looking forward to adding a lot more Copper to the pot in the future that is for sure. Trapper
I share the feelings of what has been said by all the previous posters . I hope everything works out as well as it possibly can for you . Sorry to hear what you have went and are going thru .Kudos to Mike for his help in your time of need .
Thank you "Doc" for the kind sentiments, they are appreciated. For me I need time and patients in putting life back together to some type of normalcy. Yes Mike deserves a lot of kudos for his efforts. Trapper

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Trapper. But i think i am the lucky one here by having a you as a friend and hunting partner. Plus it was nice to be able to snag a handful of Wisconsin silvers on the trip. I do think the real treasure is the one you are married to. What a sweet sweet person your wife is. Looking forward to the next time. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom