• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fools Gold Continue's in 2020

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Met up with my buddy Jessie today , it was his 1st time detecting , he used my old - now his GT , and my Stavr M-9- now his scoop , he found some change, and a silver earing, and was happy- but he had to rest several times on a 52 block spin, i used my OBN modified Excalibur 800 with-PP, 12x13 Nel tornado coil- with skullies , 1.32 in coin , a tungsten carbide ring , and what i thought again was a gold ring, after looking at it through my 10x eye loop when i got home , i discovered it was junk gold plate , once again very depressing for my 1st- late start hunt, in the season, enjoyed the exercise and all the girls on the beach , a nice day in paradise :tropical: , it was to bad the storm did nothing except maybe bring more sand in , happy hunting.

Attachments

• P1010174.jpg
    P1010174.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 534
Looks like a Good Day out Buddy! And it was beautiful!

Continue the Mission!.......:pirate2:

Out of the 10 OC hunters I know I only heard of one getting Storm gold ............a earring..Been a bleak year for all on the OC MD home front.

Quarters, tungsten carbide, lead- looks like the kind of targets I like when looking for gold. I'll bet you weren't far from it. Still sounds like a fun hunt Earl-! :yes:

Looks better than my last hunt Earl although I'll put up my eye candy versus yours anytime! ;)

Felix

The eye candy was great up here, i guess the Miami thong virus spread up the coast faster than the Corona virus spread down South howboughtit :laughing::thumbsup:

I know i need new glasses but did you say 52 blocks?? At my age three blocks is about all i can handle.

My last beach hunt of 3.5 hours yielded the magnificent sum of 65 cents and a penny.

I know i need new glasses but did you say 52 blocks?? At my age three blocks is about all i can handle.

My last beach hunt of 3.5 hours yielded the magnificent sum of 65 cents and a penny.

Don't sell yourself short George. That's 66 Cents!!!! :lol:!!!

Don't sell yourself short George. That's 66 Cents!!!! :lol:!!!

I do not count pennies. Most of the ones i find at the beach are Felix Pennies and are worthless. On the Dirt i step over them Too danged old to spend my energy digging them.

I only count pennies if they will go thru the coin counter at my credit union. So far i have dumped over 17,000 of them in that machine. My dirt fishing machine rings a copper penny up the same as a dime.

I may be missing something good by leaving the zincolns but so be it.

I agree,... 52 blocks would take me about a week to hunt...

52 blocks would take me about 45 minutes to hunt. With no targets ! About 5 weeks if it was loaded🤣

if you pulled that from salt water, or even fresh, remember that low karat gold will have corrosion that can mimic gold plating, when you look at it.

Just worth a double-check is all!

Cheers, and happy hunting!

52 Blocks

Clarification 26 blocks down low tide, 26 blocks back total 52 blocks, I usually do 60 but my buddy parked it like a dog , so I turned around and headed back , for not going at all yet this year, I was sore the next day , mainly due to the sloped beach, herniated disc take ' s a hit on the slope , if the real gold was thier I would have found it , those Ca, FL hunters are fortunate, slim to none gold here , happy hunting .

Met up with my buddy Jessie today , it was his 1st time detecting , he used my old - now his GT , and my Stavr M-9- now his scoop , he found some change, and a silver earing, and was happy- but he had to rest several times on a 52 block spin, i used my OBN modified Excalibur 800 with-PP, 12x13 Nel tornado coil- with skullies , 1.32 in coin , a tungsten carbide ring , and what i thought again was a gold ring, after looking at it through my 10x eye loop when i got home , i discovered it was junk gold plate , once again very depressing for my 1st- late start hunt, in the season, enjoyed the exercise and all the girls on the beach , a nice day in paradise :tropical: , it was to bad the storm did nothing except maybe bring more sand in , happy hunting.

Someone upstairs is trying to tell you something... How do you like the handle DirtMaster? :yes:

Craig is back! :lol:

We got a preview of what the apocalypse will be like....

No power, no cable, no internet, no telephone, and worst was no cell phone...

124 hours of misery... only good thing was I had a generator so I was able to run the furnace for hot water and cook plus few lights...

Gee

I thought at least his electric would be out a few more day's , i new i couldn't catch a break , he's probally got a generator running his cp :p:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS OBN Did you send him up a power pack :?::lol: OH wait a minute i figured everything out , Craig had no power , and Earl finally got a featured thread , with no gold :good: :laughing: Tungsten Carbide must be going up , i got credit for getting out :confetti: Just kidding Craig , glad you got your power back :crying:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom