• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I think I finally joined the club

melbajoe

Forum Supporter
The platinum club that is😀 This was the last target of a 4 1/2 hr water hunt at 3 different beaches( exhausting) Anyway I scoop it up and I’m thinking nice silver band, not shiny for gold. Once I held it , woah must be tungsten too heavy for silver. Don’t have my glasses so off to the car where I see plat! Now there are no numbers before or after it and I don’t have my acid test stuff so it’s not a sure thing but looks like the real deal. Thanks for looking, joe

Attachments

• 18043191-30FC-4484-B617-FD4376A0D7F0.jpg
    18043191-30FC-4484-B617-FD4376A0D7F0.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 715
  • B3D5CBF7-B2A3-41FA-A166-DCCB64C5D362.jpg
    B3D5CBF7-B2A3-41FA-A166-DCCB64C5D362.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 745
That is an awesome find ! I will go ahead and volunteer to be the next one to join that club. Where do I sign up ??

I think I see a worn "ed" on the end of that. As in plated. Best to send to me for further testing.

🤔 29.21g of plat? 👀 :laughing:

Cool thing about plat, a gold ring that size would weigh 8-10g. Plat is more dense.

12.62g of plat is worth... wait for it (at 90%)...

Three hundred, thirty seven dollars... AND SEVENTY EIGHT CENTS!

R5

Cool thing about plat, a gold ring that size would weigh 8-10g. Plat is more dense.

R5

I had to look at that twice too! Haha. I was going to mention calibrating that scale. Then... the realization hit.

OP - Sweet ring!!!

Thanks all, yeah couldn’t figure how to flip the picture on the phone. Oh and KOB that transfer will have to wait until the acid test 🤪

R5

:laughing:

:dingding: Awesome find! I first saw "2.9" grs on your scale picture and I thought "that's awfully light for plat". Then I saw the "29" mentioned and went back and slowly examined the picture . :wow: That's a honker!

wow, congrats. It seems there are quite a few clubs that won't yet let me join. Working hard, but you know, nothing is easy when you are trying to join one of these exclusive clubs. You just have to pay your dues and keep hunting until you find the price of admission.

Hell yeah Joe. Nice honker Platty!

I was wondering when a CT member would post

Back
Top Bottom