Three Draped Busts, Six Indians, a Seated Dime and a Great Relic.

ianstet

Had a nice hunt this weekend at an old farmhouse. Pulled 3 consecutive DBs (1801, 1802, 1803) and my first seated dime (1858), along with a bunch of Indians (2 Fatties) and my favorite find of the weekend—an 1860 Lincoln and Hamlin Presidential Election Token meant to be worn as a necklace to indicate political affiliation. I found an 1884 Blaine and Logan Election token on a different property in the same town, the first Republican ticket to lose since Lincoln, so maybe this hints at the general political affiliation of the town— will have to find a couple more to say confidently ;)

The last is a photo of what the token should look like.

Attachments

• Ia.jpg
    Ia.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 653
  • Ib.jpg
    Ib.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 644
  • Ic.jpg
    Ic.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 629
  • Id.jpg
    Id.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 640
Had a nice hunt this weekend at an old farmhouse. Pulled 3 consecutive DBs (1801, 1802, 1803) and my first seated dime (1858), along with a bunch of Indians (2 Fatties) and my favorite find of the weekend—an 1860 Lincoln and Hamlin Presidential Election Token............

Nice hunt? That's a dream hunt! Congrats!

What state or part of the country are you in?

^ ^ What ? Do you even need to ask ?? He gets three LC's in a single hunt and you wonder what part of the country he's in ??

CERTAINLY he's on an east-of-the-Mississippi state. Most likely an eastern seaboard state. Where there's a secret society tall-tales conspiracy afoot. They send the same LC's back and forth to each other for photo-ops. Then come on here claiming to have found them. Now you are appraised.

Well to quote Tom 'sick'.

Draped Bust LCs are much rarer than all those Matrons we find.

Yea, betting he is in Conn or Mass.

^ ^ What ? Do you even need to ask ?? He gets three LC's in a single hunt and you wonder what part of the country he's in ??

CERTAINLY he's on an east-of-the-Mississippi state. Most likely an eastern seaboard state. Where there's a secret society tall-tales conspiracy afoot. They send the same LC's back and forth to each other for photo-ops. Then come on here claiming to have found them. Now you are appraised.

I am on the East Coast, and though you happen to be correct about this secret society of which i am an active member, I'd also say that I've seen the same three gold coins passed around by West Coast detectorists for the last few years:laughing:

It really does show where people were back in the day when finds like these appear....3 in ONE HUNT? I just about pass out when I find something from the 1850’s, and those have all been toasted LCs. Those DB’s are incredible, the rest ain’t far behind!

Come on Tom, no real conspiracy here (hehe), Besides with the holiday and no mail, how did we get them in time??????:sissyfight::tissue::realitycheck:

We really do find LC in tot lots on occasion, but they are usually on old farmland! It's just soooooo difficult to remember them all!

Had a nice hunt this weekend at an old farmhouse. Pulled 3 consecutive DBs (1801, 1802, 1803) and my first seated dime (1858), along with a bunch of Indians (2 Fatties) and my favorite find of the weekend—an 1860 Lincoln and Hamlin Presidential Election Token meant to be worn as a necklace to indicate political affiliation. I found an 1884 Blaine and Logan Election token on a different property in the same town, the first Republican ticket to lose since Lincoln, so maybe this hints at the general political affiliation of the town— will have to find a couple more to say confidently ;)

The last is a photo of what the token should look like.

Three Draped Busts. I would have dropped a load in my shorts. LOL

Amazing. :)

Back
Top Bottom