EUREKA - First Ever Double Seated Liberty Hunt Plus More

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
These are from two evening hunts last week after work. One one I only found a few wheats and marbles but the second one is one I will always remember. Early in the hunt I found my first seated dime, a beautiful 1890 one, then within 15 minutes I found my second one which was not so pretty. My buddy Kurt was with me and we took a few minutes to celebrate my first double seated day ever. Then went back to detecting and pulled a 1907 V nickel, then a 1907 Indian head penny, then a 1700's era Chinese cash coin. Also got a 1914s wheat, a nice piece of gold filled religious jewelry and a few more marbles. What a hunt, I won't forget this one.

Also, if anyone knows how old the Eureka California Seal button is, please let me know.

Hope you are all staying safe out there.
Jason

Attachments

• 48ABE89E-C7E1-4860-B94F-9295B2F005D5.jpg
    48ABE89E-C7E1-4860-B94F-9295B2F005D5.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_4274.jpg
    IMG_4274.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 61232025610__D8527B58-C46B-4915-8361-EABE42A4D81B.jpg
    61232025610__D8527B58-C46B-4915-8361-EABE42A4D81B.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_4250.jpg
    IMG_4250.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_4288.jpg
    IMG_4288.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 524
Jamflicker, As you know, the So. CA parks are riddled with merc's (since the mass population in-flow there was in the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s). And a smattering of barbers (if you're in the older So. CA parks). But as you know, seateds, from junky urban turfed parks down there IS NO EASY FEAT .

So I would wonder if you're not the first person to pull off that stunt from a So. CA turfed park ?

To get a double seated day is usually reserved for relicky sites. So you get an extra "atteboy " ! Hey, if you REALLY wanna rub it in : Next time you're with Dan, ask him : How many times has he pulled off a double seated day from the turf down there. And if he says "never", then you ask him to repeat his answer a little louder, since you didn't quite hear him. :laughing:

I think the Eureka button is the best find. Some great finds there.

Fantastic and enviable!
Machines?
I know it’s the pilot and not the plane, just curious.
Thanks! Yes, I agree with you but use an etrac.
Nice haul!!,
Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Thanks
Awesome hunting Jason!!! Great variety and sweet pair of seaters!
Thanks Tom
Amazing silver finds...congrats!
Thanks
Jamflicker, As you know, the So. CA parks are riddled with merc's (since the mass population in-flow there was in the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s). And a smattering of barbers (if you're in the older So. CA parks). But as you know, seateds, from junky urban turfed parks down there IS NO EASY FEAT .

So I would wonder if you're not the first person to pull off that stunt from a So. CA turfed park ?

To get a double seated day is usually reserved for relicky sites. So you get an extra "atteboy " ! Hey, if you REALLY wanna rub it in : Next time you're with Dan, ask him : How many times has he pulled off a double seated day from the turf down there. And if he says "never", then you ask him to repeat his answer a little louder, since you didn't quite hear him. :laughing:
Thanks Tom! Yes seateds are a rare feat down here in parks. Those are only my 5th and 6th ones. I think Dan might of from the spot he found his gold coin at 5 or 6 years ago but I will ask him. Yes, for sure a tough feat and doubt many have done it.
One sitting lady makes for a great hunt. Two of them? Outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Congrats on the neat coins, Jason! Especially the two seated dimes - great job! :clapping:
Thanks
I think the Eureka button is the best find. Some great finds there.
Thanks! I was really excited about the Eureka button and being a piece of California history. I wish I could figure out how old it is and what it is from.
That 1890 seated is a beauty! Congrats on all the finds.
Thanks
Wow man, heck of a hunt, great find and variety!
Thanks buddy!

Your over the top in fantastic finds Jason. Huge congrats on the double Seated finds, the Indian , the "V" and all the rest. I am already looking forward to your next posting. Trapper

Your over the top in fantastic finds Jason. Huge congrats on the double Seated finds, the Indian , the "V" and all the rest. I am already looking forward to your next posting. Trapper
Thanks Trapper!
Congrats! That 1890 is a good-looking coin!
Thanks
Congrats on the double seateds and the rest man, Happy hunting!
Thanks Jeff
Congrats. Those sitters are sweet.
Thanks

Hey everyone,
These are from two evening hunts...........

Even if you stopped the year now, the variety of silver for the year is just nuts, not to mention the Indian Heads Cents now in your sights.

What's the back of the button look like?

please post the back of the button. i see some listed civil war sites. check the backmark is the best way. it looks old enough front side.

oh..congrats on that hunt!

Back
Top Bottom