Double 925s and cracked my Lesche

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Got out this morning! Went to a local school. I was the only one there.

Tot-lot was coinless but got a choppy 11 on the Nox in P1, by the swings found the silver chain (it is broken).

Moved onto the field and on my last plug, ~32 in F2, cool sterling elephant ring - I thought it was going to be a quarter.

Oh, also found the narrow gauge RR spike - figure it’s from the gold rush era logging RR that used to be in this town. Kinda cool.

Noticed, while cleaning my gear, my Lesche is cracked! I’ve had it nearly 5 years, I ordered a replacement just now. I may send this one back to W.W. Manufacturing and see what happens.

Was awesome getting out. Drizzling rain, fog, patches of snow around. Take care and happy hunting!

Attachments

• DEDF7530-830A-431E-AF1B-749F046E5881.jpg
    DEDF7530-830A-431E-AF1B-749F046E5881.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 559
  • F1DAEF2A-7667-46BF-951A-7A75AB34262C.jpg
    F1DAEF2A-7667-46BF-951A-7A75AB34262C.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 547
  • 675AA727-2FB0-4E22-B1F3-228AD07DD3A6.jpg
    675AA727-2FB0-4E22-B1F3-228AD07DD3A6.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
Those 'box' chains are so cool. Great find.
Unfortunately all playgrounds and totlots in my state are closed by order of the governor... until further notice. A lot of municipalities have taken the opportunity to replace all the old chips in park totlots with new chips. The schools (and parks) have all the totlots posted as no access during the school closure, some taped off. I'll stay out of 'em.
But with that said, no one has kicked me off the school fields yet. Essential exercise in a responsible socially distancing manner.

Nice silver!

If you call WW Manufacturing, if and when they are open, the nice lady that usually answers the phone will tell you to simply send it back to them.
They don't ask for a copy of any receipt, they don't ask how old it is or what condition it is in, they don't ask how it broke, they don't ask for anything except if you need the address of where to send it and if you modded it in any way which is the only thing that will kill the warranty.
Oh yea, they might ask you if you want the serrations on the left side of the right side...you can switch to a different one at that time if you wish, just put a note in the box when you send it back with your address.
After they get it they immediately will put a brand new-in-the-box digger complete with a new sheath in the mail and you should receive it in a few days..under normal circumstances.
This kind of warranty covers every product they make.
Trust me, I know.

This company and Zippo have the best warranties in retail, they both make superior products that rarely break but if they do they definitely understand how to take care of customers correctly and efficiently if they fail for ANY reason.

Last edited:
Nice silvers man, and bummer about the lesche, but sounds like it will be replaced virtually free! Keep up the good hunting! :cool3:

Those 'box' chains are so cool. Great find.
Unfortunately all playgrounds and totlots in my state are closed by order of the governor... until further notice. A lot of municipalities have taken the opportunity to replace all the old chips in park totlots with new chips. The schools (and parks) have all the totlots posted as no access during the school closure, some taped off. I'll stay out of 'em.
But with that said, no one has kicked me off the school fields yet. Essential exercise in a responsible socially distancing manner.

Some of the parks up here are closed, or the play structures cordoned off. This was a very rural small town school. The last few times I’ve been out, seen lots of activity, but zero issue staying alone.

Nice silver!

If you call WW Manufacturing, if and when they are open, the nice lady that usually answers the phone will tell you to simply send it back to them.
They don't ask for a copy of any receipt, they don't ask how old it is or what condition it is in, they don't ask how it broke, they don't ask for anything except if you need the address of where to send it and if you modded it in any way which is the only thing that will kill the warranty.
Oh yea, they might ask you if you want the serrations on the left side of the right side...you can switch to a different one at that time if you wish, just put a note in the box when you send it back with your address.
After they get it they immediately will put a brand new-in-the-box digger complete with a new sheath in the mail and you should receive it in a few days..under normal circumstances.
This kind of warranty covers every product they make.
Trust me, I know.

This company and Zippo have the best warranties in retail, they both make superior products that rarely break but if they do they definitely understand how to take care of customers correctly and efficiently if they fail for ANY reason.

Thanks Digger, I actually searched the forum and found one of your posts about this. I feel like I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of it. I may contact then and get a spare, but almost seems unfair.

Nice silvers man, and bummer about the lesche, but sounds like it will be replaced virtually free! Keep up the good hunting! :cool3:

Thanks!

Bummer on the lesche, but hopefully the silver made it feel a little better. Congrats on the chain and ring!

Thanks Jam!

Real nice silver find almost enough to make the thoughts of the broken Lesche to being not so bad. Congrats!

Thanks Jak!

Great hunt, GS! Double silver is an awesome day!

Hey Diggum, thank you!

Great hunt , congrats !

Thanks SS!

Bummer on the Lesche! Congrats on the finds!

Thanks Chris!

Congrats on the great finds !

Lesche is top shelf product - never seen one crack before !

Thanks! I’ll have my new lesche tomorrow. May or may not send this one back - feel I got my money’s worth.

Thanks Digger, I actually searched the forum and found one of your posts about this. I feel like I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of it. I may contact then and get a spare, but almost seems unfair.

LOL!
That warranty is a point of pride with this company...use it and get a spare.
They won't mind at all.
Think of this...you would have to dig 4,500 zincolns to pay for something you can get for free.
Metal detectecting math right there.:D

Know anyone who does welding? Might be able to get a workable fix on your Lesche if you can get it done for free or low fee.

I ordered a new one. Could maybe weld a piece to bridge the crack area. I used it today and it still digs plugs just fine...

Nice silver saves G.S.👍

Thanks Metal! Hope you are doing well on let your way!

LOL!
That warranty is a point of pride with this company...use it and get a spare.
They won't mind at all.
Think of this...you would have to dig 4,500 zincolns to pay for something you can get for free.
Metal detectecting math right there.:D

Thanks again Digger. I emailed the company, we’ll see. New lesche will be here tomorrow. I dug plugs with this one today without issue, so it takes a licking and keeps on diggin’

A nice outing Jeff. Congrats on the Sterling's. Really like that Elephant Ring. The Lesche really is a fine tool but it is not a pry bar. So many of us sure use them for it. Trapper

Sweet silvers! Congrats
Doc

Thanks DD!

A nice outing Jeff. Congrats on the Sterling's. Really like that Elephant Ring. The Lesche really is a fine tool but it is not a pry bar. So many of us sure use them for it. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! The elephant ring is pretty neat :). Yes I am guilty of abusing the lesche. I took it out and dug with it again, and it still works. New one arrived and it’s a full inch plus longer! Fine tool indeed!

Back
Top Bottom