My best permission so far with my 1st old Nickel.

Usa

Elite Member
When I first started door knocking on old house's to detect, I found that someone had already detected most of them. 2 years ago I got permission to detect an 1880's 2 story Victorian. I was told it had already been done by two guys and that they found all sorts of silver and other oldies too. I thought for sure there was nothing left for me and my Bounty Hunter so I detected around for half an hour and moved on empty handed. Well, fast forward 2 years.
I had found multiple wheaties and IHP's in different lawns that those same guys had already detected so I knew they we're not very efficient. So I decided to five that 1880's victorian another shot. I walked straight over to the walnut on the south side of the house where I soon popped a 1935 merc... I couldn't believe it. In the 10x10ft area I ended up finding 2 mercs, 3 IHP's, several wheaties, and my 1st V Nickel [1883]( I haven't even found a buff yet so I was pretty surprised)
I have only found 7 silver coins so this was crazy to me to find two in 1 spot. I couldn't believe it either when I revealed the 1883 date on my fist V nickel. It just goes to show that persistence pays off no matter what you're swinging, Nox or BH.
TQ for looking and HH
And yes, I took the pics on a deer hunting pamphlet😃

Attachments

• Message_1570829875751.jpg
    Message_1570829875751.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 510
  • Message_1570749332450.jpg
    Message_1570749332450.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 528
  • 20191010_182037.jpg
    20191010_182037.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 494
  • 20191011_173900.jpg
    20191011_173900.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 491
Congrats on the pair of Mercs and Ihps. Also nice save on the first year V nickel. Persistence pay off. I never let the fact that the place has been hit before discourage me and as you saw it does pay off. Cool story to go with the 1883 V nickel if you google it. You might wanna try to hit that place again, this time from a different angle. It seems to always put a few more coins in my pouch. Good luck, Mark

If i am told that the property has already been detected I ask if it would be okay if I went over again. Of course some folks will tell you that just to keep from saying no.

Good for you

There a couple guys that hunt where I am from they have a video channel also. Kinda funny to go somewhere get a permission and then recognize it on a video later . Good for you . you had some great finds. Awesome. A lot of people miss stuff always something to find

Wtg

So you have been killing it with a Bounty Hunter. I started with a BH and found a lot of silver and some gold. I loved that Elite 2200 BH. I almost never dug bottle caps, and most silver is reachable with a BH. I kinda like to hunt places that all ready have been hunted. Kinda makes you slow down and make sure you swings are overlapping. I have a NOX 800 now. Congrates on the merc's, Indians, and that "V" nickel.
HHeveryone

Good post, Levi! ...And great finds, as well. That definitely sounds like an exciting hunt, especially with your first V nickel and the double silver. Way to go! :clapping:

I agree

I agree slowing down and overlapping is how I have found some great things at previously hunted yards.

Keeping an open mind to opportunity is a road to success. Nobody ever gets it all. Really happy for you Levi as your success is building and for sure you have learned that persistence pays. Congrats my friend on the Silver's, the Indians and the "V". Trapper

Nice finds! The ground was pretty kind to most of those IHPs and the V! :D
Thanks. Most of the IHP's I find are in nice condition. Good ground I guess.

Congrats on the pair of Mercs and Ihps. Also nice save on the first year V nickel. Persistence pay off. I never let the fact that the place has been hit before discourage me and as you saw it does pay off. Cool story to go with the 1883 V nickel if you google it. You might wanna try to hit that place again, this time from a different angle. It seems to always put a few more coins in my pouch. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark.

Nice assortment of old coins.
Thank you
Congrats on those great finds, Levi! Very cool. :cool3:
Thank you Garrett
Love the V nickle Nice finds!!
Thanks

If i am told that the property has already been detected I ask if it would be okay if I went over again. Of course some folks will tell you that just to keep from saying no.
Yep, thats true

Sweet finds , congrats !
Thank you

Great finds all the way around...congrats!
Thanks

That’s quite a day of hunting. Congrats!
Thanks.

There a couple guys that hunt where I am from they have a video channel also. Kinda funny to go somewhere get a permission and then recognize it on a video later . Good for you . you had some great finds. Awesome. A lot of people miss stuff always something to find
Thanks. Thats pretty cool.
Excellent hunting, love those V nickels, congrats!

Wow that’s some great hunting USA! Would love to find an Indian or a V! Nice work!
Thanks, they're fun
So you have been killing it with a Bounty Hunter. I started with a BH and found a lot of silver and some gold. I loved that Elite 2200 BH. I almost never dug bottle caps, and most silver is reachable with a BH. I kinda like to hunt places that all ready have been hunted. Kinda makes you slow down and make sure you swings are overlapping. I have a NOX 800 now. Congrates on the merc's, Indians, and that "V" nickel.
HHeveryone
Thank you. Yep, very true.
Good post, Levi! ...And great finds, as well. That definitely sounds like an exciting hunt, especially with your first V nickel and the double silver. Way to go! :clapping:
Thanks. It was super fun.
I agree slowing down and overlapping is how I have found some great things at previously hunted yards.
Yep, it does.
A great haul - congrats on your first V - Nickel !
Thank you.
Keeping an open mind to opportunity is a road to success. Nobody ever gets it all. Really happy for you Levi as your success is building and for sure you have learned that persistence pays. Congrats my friend on the Silver's, the Indians and the "V". Trapper
Thanks Trapper. It was a blast finding them.
Congrats on the Indians, silvers and especially digging your first V nickel...a excellent hunt!
Thanks. I really didn't expect to dig a V Nickel for a long while so it took me by surprise.

Back
Top Bottom