Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Old 03-26-2020, 05:55 PM
Supporter

Default Old bird still hunts

Broke out the White's Eagle Spectrum for one last flight today before parting ways with her. Got it good and muddy too. Managed to find a few coins; including one wheat penny, a buffalo nickel, a Canadian beaver nickel, and a silver Rosy; bringing me to #3 FTY. As much as I enjoyed the nostalgia, I am spoiled with my Equinox 800, and will be listing the old bird locally on CL...after a good cleaning.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2020, 06:29 PM
Supporter

Dang good hunting, very good results!

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2020 (Total (4/13 to date)) - Clad: $71.19 ($1045.18), Silver coins: 12 (38), Wheats: 32 (138), Gold: 1 (27), Plat: 0 (1), .925 7 (84), Rings: 13 (227), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 03-26-2020, 07:18 PM
Supporter

Shouldn't have don that, now you wont want to keep it, lol

Old 03-26-2020, 07:44 PM

Been swing'n the Spectrums since the came out and still use the XLT for certain tasks and will never let her go. The Spectrums were king of versatility, but no doubt the new tech brings a lot to the fields with speedy processors, wide range of freqs, smart coils, and total wireless. I eyeballed the VX3 long and hard before my last purchase, but when comparing to XP, really a no brainer. I'm amazed at what the ORX has brought to the field.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:15 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by GroundSweeper View post
Dang good hunting, very good results!
Thanks! Felt good too! The buff is dated 1915. Probably my earliest one.

Originally Posted by Big Treble View post
Shouldn't have don that, now you wont want to keep it, lol
...or won't want to sell it? Been feeling that for a couple years now. It's time.

Originally Posted by Fredneck View post
Been swing'n the Spectrums since the came out and still use the XLT for certain tasks and will never let her go. The Spectrums were king of versatility, but no doubt the new tech brings a lot to the fields with speedy processors, wide range of freqs, smart coils, and total wireless. I eyeballed the VX3 long and hard before my last purchase, but when comparing to XP, really a no brainer. I'm amazed at what the ORX has brought to the field.
Good machines, ain't they? I like the XLT, but never spent enough time to really "get it". (My brothers detector) I have no experience with those other acronyms you mention, but White's have always been very good. It would be good to see them prosper with more hot new models on the market.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:47 PM

Man does that old girl bring back memories. My first MD date was an old White's 6000D.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:00 PM
Supporter

I remember those old Whites detectors...they were real work horses in their days. Congrats on the silver and buff!

Oldest coin: 1760 Colonial Half Penny; Oldest US coin: 1787 NJ Copper; Oldest US silver coin: 1861 Liberty Seat Dime; 2018 FTY Clad: $1,785.42: 2019 FTY Clad: $1,347.59
Most coin record amounts found on one single various of days: Quarters-165; Dimes-103; Nickels-53. 2020 FTY Silvers: 20

Old 03-26-2020, 10:10 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on the Rosie, Buffalo and the rest...nice hunt!

Old 03-27-2020, 09:52 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Fredneck View post
Still swinging an XLT E-Series. My dad and I each bought one on the same day from the New England White's distributor, way back when. In fact, I just bought a used Spectrum XLT from a fellow forum member, as a backup. Now I have TWO machines that go crazy in the wet sand at salt water beaches...

My XLT replaced a Whites Eagle II SL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT E-Series, Spectrum XLT (Rainbow), Garrett Propointer II, Killer Bee Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger, Root Slayer NOMAD digger

Old 03-27-2020, 11:06 AM
Elite Member

Those older White's machines were the top of there class and have found tons of targets for a awful lot of detectionists over the years. My first machines were DFX's and they found some goods for me. A nice ride with your history Blaise as this one goes on to spread its joy to someone else. Congrats on the Rosie and all the rest but most of all on the memories of times past. Trapper

Old 03-27-2020, 11:13 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by KeyaPaha View post
Man does that old girl bring back memories. My first MD date was an old White's 6000D.
Originally Posted by JAK View post
I remember those old Whites detectors...they were real work horses in their days. Congrats on the silver and buff!
Originally Posted by Captain Silver View post
Congrats on the Rosie, Buffalo and the rest...nice hunt!
Originally Posted by jimther View post
Still swinging an XLT E-Series. My dad and I each bought one on the same day from the New England White's distributor, way back when. In fact, I just bought a used Spectrum XLT from a fellow forum member, as a backup. Now I have TWO machines that go crazy in the wet sand at salt water beaches...

My XLT replaced a Whites Eagle II SL.
Originally Posted by jack&jill View post
Those older White's machines were the top of there class and have found tons of targets for a awful lot of detectionists over the years. My first machines were DFX's and they found some goods for me. A nice ride with your history Blaise as this one goes on to spread its joy to someone else. Congrats on the Rosie and all the rest but most of all on the memories of times past. Trapper
Thanks for the comments everyone. Lots of White's history out there. Many still running strong. I am really glad to have had the chance to get to know this machine. It has taught me much, entertained me for countless hours, and paid for itself more than once. I talked to a guy who wants to buy this tomorrow because it's the same model he used to have, and he knows and loves it. I will relish the memories, but won't really miss the machine.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:23 PM

Nice hunt, congrats!

Old 03-29-2020, 03:14 PM
Elite Member

Good hunt with your old friend. Thanks for the pics!