I Figured That I Had Better Post Some Finds

beephead

Elite Member
I got out today to go over some sites that I've detected before and to see how the Equinox and CTX 3030 compared to one another. Both are great detectors but if I could only keep one, it would be the CTX 3030. You just don't dig a lot of trash with it and it doesn't leave much in its path.

The CTX was doing a number on old nickels today on a hard hit site. I found several Buffalo nickles, a V nickel, and a Mercury dime. The token for one cigar is kind of neat. I went back over the same area with the Equinox and didn't find anything except some screws and a few trash targets.

I moved to another site and started out with the Equinox and found a Barber dime. I ran out time before getting to use the CTX 3030 but you can bet that I'll hit that site super hard when I get back from my fishing trip.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 539
I got out today to go over some sites that I've detected before and to see how the Equinox and CTX 3030 compared to one another. Both are great detectors but if I could only keep one, it would be the CTX 3030. You just don't dig a lot of trash with it and it doesn't leave much in its path.

The CTX was doing a number on old nickels today on a hard hit site. I found several Buffalo nickles, a V nickel, and a Mercury dime. The token for one cigar is kind of neat. I went back over the same area with the Equinox and didn't find anything except some screws and a few trash targets.

I moved to another site and started out with the Equinox and found a Barber dime. I ran out time before getting to use the CTX 3030 but you can bet that I'll hit that site super hard when I get back from my fishing trip.

beephead

Good to see you posting some finds. You sure know how to bring home the goods. Have you had both of those detectors for awhile, or did you recently add one?

Good to see you posting some finds. You sure know how to bring home the goods. Have you had both of those detectors for awhile, or did you recently add one?

Thanks! I've had both for a while, but the Equinox is the newest of the two. All the detectors that I have will find the good stuff. I just don't have the time to swing them all. I guess it's time to thin the herd some, but which ones?

beephead

Some very nice hunting with two very nice machines Gerald. Congrats on all the old Nickel's, the two silver's and having a great time of it. I agree totally with you as I also have both machines with the Equalnox relegated to only backup use. Trapper

I like the in-situ reveals. And yes, the 3030 is a great machine. The only reason I never made the move up from the Exp II, is that the 3030 doesn't have the ability for the in-line probe :(

When you notice that both the high end Etrac and CTX are still selling new after all these years says a lot about their quality and capabilities.

Congrats on the silver and all the other cool finds Beep. Your plugs are always small and neat. Where did you get that digger ? HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom