Looting VA - the pain paid off

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Well, Sunday was a pretty crazy day. Got up at 4am and hit the road at 430am. Met Vic (Coinwhisperer) at his place at 10. Got in his truck and drove another 1/2 hour to his 1795 permission. Amazing place!

Huge area to hunt so we started swinging about 11am. I found a broken buckle, a few pieces of scrap and then a nice floral pattern button in about the first half hour. The next item, near the first button, was a 1700s era Chinese Cash coin. Love finding those. Headed towards a huge old tree and did a couple loops around it. Got some old iron and a couple brass bits. Then it happened. Got a sweet high tone at depth from a few directions. Had Vic swing over it with CTX and 17” coil. He declares its silver and deep. Well, mind starts racing because this is an old property. Cut a plug and insert pinpointer...nothing. Clear a little dirt and get a target. Popped a small silver and saw a wreath...one dime game...1875 Seated! Woot. First Seated in nearly 3 years!

Hunted hard until 430 and came away with a handful of flat buttons, a toasted 1874 Injun and a lot of fun.

Drove back to TN arriving about 1045 PM very tired, but I’d do it again! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Congrats on the seated lady. Im in a bit of a seated drought myself. Its been like 6 months but Ive found 52 so I guess its other people’s turns now

Congrats on the seated lady. Im in a bit of a seated drought myself. Its been like 6 months but Ive found 52 so I guess its other people’s turns now

Thanks. I'm surprised you even care about such new coins like Seated when all those cobs and reales keep popping up, lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Great work on that seated and all the other goodies too. How cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man Jerry you are dedicated. Long day but just rewards. Congrats on the seated silver, a beauty for sure. Its my no.1, most wanted, top of the list, why can't I get my coil over one find. Also a great day when shared with friends. Is Vic really that cheap ? HAHAHA ! Glad to see you guys had a great hunt. Take care, Mark

Man Jerry you are dedicated. Long day but just rewards. Congrats on the seated silver, a beauty for sure. Its my no.1, most wanted, top of the list, why can't I get my coil over one find. Also a great day when shared with friends. Is Vic really that cheap ? HAHAHA ! Glad to see you guys had a great hunt. Take care, Mark

Yes I am!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom