AND THEY FIT! Back in the Saddle Again…or Should I say Crocs? 😉

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I hadn’t hunted in about a month and surprisingly to me the last gold I found was on September 2nd last year. Recently, I had a bad cold, then I had some kind of strange allergic reaction that had me with migratory pain and swellings over different parts of my body for about 2 weeks. :sick: Very, very strange. I’ve also had to prepare a rental property that needed a lot of work for a few months. Finally, the stars aligned and I was able to get out for a hunt on Sunday and yesterday.

Sunday’s Hunt: I took out Noxy back to the beach that I found the crematory “tree-of-life” pendant and flung it way offshore near where I had found it. I was relieved to get that item back out there. I hunted for 4 hours, mainly wet sand and a small amount of water. I really thought that after digging all those sinkers that gold was going to make an appearance. It did not. The tungsten ring felt good but after seeing the tell-tale brush of the metal I knew it was junk. The garden hose pistol was a bucket lister, so I am glad I found that. :roll: No matter on the gold, it was awesome to be able to get out there again after a month long absence.

MLK Day Hunt: I wasn’t sure if I would be able to get out 2 days in a row; I feel I am still not at 100%, and I wasn’t sure if the surf would hold up as predicted. Plus, I had some finishing touches at the rental that we were going to finally advertise. Morning came and I was able to get out for a 4.5 hour hunt with a borrowed Excal since Merlin is having headphone connection issues. The 1st ring was titanium and came about an hour into the hunt. At about 2 hours, I came to an offshore area that was very rocky – very unusual for South Beach. :ehh: I got the big sinker and I decided that I would carefully work this area. The SS ring came, then a big silver ring. Most of this was the hardest water digging I had ever done. The water in this 30’x120’ area was mostly waist to chest level, and I was climbing on my scoop trying to twist it and corkscrew it around to make it dig in to be able to retrieve targets. Often, I would change the angle of attack, but it was still difficult. I was getting a nice number of targets in an area that the hordes of other South Beach pirates hadn’t seemingly hit yet. Then I got a cr^ppy signal and the white 18K w/ the diamond showed up. :dingding: The gold monkey was now off my back! I kept working and working the same area back and forth for over 2 hours. Then I got what though was a high tone signal and the yellow 14K “I Love Tom” inscribed on the inside showed up. :dingding: I swept the detector around the hole and there was still another signal and a quarter popped up. (No wonder it wasn't a mid-tone). Another silver ring showed up along with a small chunky silver earring that I somehow lost. :roll: I would’ve worked this area another 2 hours but the tide was coming in and the swells and surf worsened, making it too difficult to continue.

Attachments

• 1-19-20.jpg
    1-19-20.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 621
  • 1-19-20 Ring.jpg
    1-19-20 Ring.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 587
  • 1-19-20 Hose.jpg
    1-19-20 Hose.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 601
  • 1-19-20 Pendant Return.jpg
    1-19-20 Pendant Return.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 587
  • 1-20-20.jpg
    1-20-20.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 606
  • 1-20-20 Gold rings.jpg
    1-20-20 Gold rings.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 625
  • 1-20-20 Other Rings.jpg
    1-20-20 Other Rings.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 585
  • 1-20-20 Rubles (1).jpg
    1-20-20 Rubles (1).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 590
  • 1-20-20 Rubles (2).jpg
    1-20-20 Rubles (2).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 571
  • 1-20-20 Fit.jpg
    1-20-20 Fit.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
Buttery gold and bling. nice! nice!! It went down to 37° in St. Augustine. I had the chance to go MD but just couldn't find warm enough sandals :laughing:

I tell you what, I can't wait to move south. Hopefully by the end of this year, I'll be able to meet you at the beach:yes: Cuban coffee time!!!

Sweet rings, and that hose pistol is a KEEPER for sure, i need one of those!
I know how you feel, i have been sick the past 4 days, all manner of stomach issues and head aches, on antibiotics and it it getting much better now. No fun being sick...

I'm glad you overcame your obstacles and were finally able to get out and do some fantastic hunting , Congratulations ! There sure has been a lot of weird ailments going around lately . I went thru a rough patch myself recently . I've finally got my first hunt in quite a while a couple of days ago ( nothing worth posting ). Best of luck to you in 2020 .

Nice Felix.. glad to see you are over the creeping crud or whatever you had... maybe tonight you can grab some iguana that start falling out of the tree's to make some of that baked iguana and yucca you are always raving about...

Come up to CT... I'll teach you how to hunt in the rocks without breaking out in a sweat ;)

One more thing... grab some of this to spray on that cuticle issue you have :laughing:

https://www.petsmart.com/featured-s... - Hardgoods - Dog - Strong SS | Dental Care

Ahhh, congrats on the goldies and the oldies. The silver looks like they have been down there awhile. Still waiting on my first yellow for the year. Congrats on a good start felix and glad you're feeling better.

Nice huntin Felix....:yes: Congrats on the goods (I'm heading to Fla. next week for 4-5 weeks of R&R. Don't think I'll get that far South, but I do have a can of Felix pennies I've been saving for you...:laughing: And don't listen to Craig. The reason you won't sweat in Ct. is because the water temp. is 42 degrees and the air temp is about 12....:shock:)

Awesome job Felix. Good work finding that rocky area offshore. Sounds like it might have been fun if you could've snorkeled and fanned around the rocks but probably bad vis in the surf. You got em either way :D:yes:

I tell you what, I can't wait to move south. Hopefully by the end of this year, I'll be able to meet you at the beach:yes: Cuban coffee time!!!
See you soon! I make a mean cafecito w/ espumita (froth)! :yes:
Come up to CT... I'll teach you how to hunt in the rocks without breaking out in a sweat ;)
See Curt's answer above! :lol:
One more thing... grab some of this to spray on that cuticle issue you have :laughing:
Although I live in a big metropolitan city and hunt South Beach I'm not into that metro-sexual stuff of having pretty nails and cuticles. :p

Thanks guys for the rest of the comments!

Life is good again....over the crud and on the gold...congrats.....keep an eye out for the falling iguanas...lol!

Back
Top Bottom