One More from the "goldfish bowl" as Mr KOB would say..

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Out just a few hours today, could not stay home for the tides were very low..again. NE winds were bad so it forced me up a cove to a small beach. As soon as I hit the beach I could feel the slope had some great texture to the bottom. After digging a few targets I went to the far end just to check, but sand was bad so after one hour I worked my way back to the berm. Like Craig I slowly worked the area hard, then out of the blue right next to the pier of one of the home owners I get a solid mid-tone. One scoop and there is a 1953 Class ring in the sifter. Big surprise... Stayed 20 more minutes till 1 then left...2 hours 1 gold ..no silver, other then a war nickel and I no longer count those..

Attachments

• under peir gold ring.jpg
    under peir gold ring.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 598
  • 21d.jpg
    21d.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 598
  • 21c.jpg
    21c.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
That’s an incredible find. Congrats on a great hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding: Congrats on another one but now your're back to an odd number for the year. Another one must be found or it will be 1 year of bad luck with gold next year. :yes: Since you found it next to a private home's dock you will be making an attempt to get it back to its owner right? :lol:

Out just a few hours today, could not stay home for the tides were very low..again. NE winds were bad so it forced me up a cove to a small beach. As soon as I hit the beach I could feel the slope had some great texture to the bottom. After digging a few targets I went to the far end just to check, but sand was bad so after one hour I worked my way back to the berm. Like Craig I slowly worked the area hard, then out of the blue right next to the pier of one of the home owners I get a solid mid-tone. One scoop and there is a 1953 Class ring in the sifter. Big surprise... Stayed 20 more minutes till 1 then left...2 hours 1 gold ..no silver, other then a war nickel and I no longer count those..

Good job Joe... I don't know who is slower... you or me :lol:

I remember that spot FSA46 took us to when you were up and I was waiting patiently for Cupajo to move from that area that he hunted with his pulse ... after he moved I swooped in and worked it slowly.. that was a good spot just not for a pulse machine.. what I end up 4 gold from it... you were hunting between those boulders...

I remember that spot FSA46 took us to when you were up and I was waiting patiently for Cupajo to move from that area that he hunted with his pulse ... after he moved I swooped in and worked it slowly.. that was a good spot just not for a pulse machine.. what I end up 4 gold from it... you were hunting between those boulders...

Why wasn't it a good spot for the pulse ? To much trash ? Go slow and dig all not good enough ?

Why wasn't it a good spot for the pulse ? To much trash ? Go slow and dig all not good enough ?

Our spots are loaded with ferrous targets... poor Cupajo who is a excellent hunter with his pulse machine dug a pouchful of garbage.. He has been a beach hunter a long time and has the finds to prove it... with my GT I didn't have to worry about ferrous targets and I could hear the yellow and silver between the iron... I didn't dig any.

ONLY 1 gold ? WTH ? How depressing. I'm disappointed that's all you got in a 2 hr hunt. But then you were a fish out of water...you gotta pass on this "1"...

ONLY 1 gold ? WTH ? How depressing. I'm disappointed that's all you got in a 2 hr hunt. But then you were a fish out of water...you gotta pass on this "1"...

So do you have a 132 gold this year like Joe has? I think not... We have a saying here... Without pictures... it never happened.

We pulled a lot of gold out of that spot in just a few days. If I'm not mistaken only one pirate didn't score yellow.

So do you have a 132 gold this year like Joe has? I think not... We have a saying here... Without pictures... it never happened.

Ummm....no...because my year just started 2 months ago....keep in mind , the conditions I hunt don't even compare to what you guys hunt. So , figuratively speaking I do pretty darn good thank you.
Yeah , yeah, yeah.....you want pictures, I know...

We pulled a lot of gold out of that spot in just a few days. If I'm not mistaken only one pirate didn't score yellow.

Are you following me around Frank? :lol: I was looking for that thread this morning where I invited you and Cupajo down with your pulse machines to clean out a bunch iron :laughing:

Ummm....no...because my year just started 2 months ago....keep in mind , the conditions I hunt don't even compare to what you guys hunt. So , figuratively speaking I do pretty darn good thank you.
Yeah , yeah, yeah.....you want pictures, I know...

Ok... I only hunt colder months.. I had hunted in Jan through April of this year then had to stop when I tore my meniscus... I also only hunt minus tides... my recent gold finds have been on minus tides or where I noticed the slope getting ground down...

Are you following me around Frank? :lol: I was looking for that thread this morning where I invited you and Cupajo down with your pulse machines to clean out a bunch iron :laughing:

You mean the one when we met for the first time and you put the note on my window before you left ?

Yeah, I hope you do fine it and post it so everyone knows the kind of person you really are. :laughing:

Ok... I only hunt colder months.. I had hunted in Jan through April of this year then had to stop when I tore my meniscus... I also only hunt minus tides... my recent gold finds have been on minus tides or where I noticed the slope getting ground down...
Tom seems to think you don't really get erosion there. I think otherwise. Other than your water is way colder , for the most part targets probably don't move around much , hence the "Goldfish bowl effect ". I would also think the very low or minus tides are the only time to truly be successful.

You mean the one when we met for the first time and you put the note on my window before you left ?

Yeah, I hope you do fine it and post it so everyone knows the kind of person you really are. :laughing:

Be nice its the holiday season :D

Back
Top Bottom