Year is closing out, a few more gold to add to the pile.

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Water was perfect today, off shore winds, little snow and little chilly but could not pass it up when the tide is super low. A few old Golds, and Silvers but the sinkers killed me today. Could be the last of the gold for the year, and looking to a fresh start from "Zero"..Come 2020

Interesting the 18k Cigar band is Inscribed G.L to D.F Dec 16 - 88 (1888) Just a few days before it's time.. 130 years 351 days

Attachments

• 21d.jpg
    21d.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 735
  • RD118 119 120.jpg
    RD118 119 120.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 696
  • OBN-0008.jpg
    OBN-0008.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 709
Very nice finds Joe. That’s one thing I like about where you hunt. There seems to be more of a chance of finding old gold which is really cool. Congrats on a great hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding: I am impressed by a few things with your hunt: the 3 golds, the age of your finds and THAT amount of sinkers. :wow:

Very nice finds Joe. That’s one thing I like about where you hunt. There seems to be more of a chance of finding old gold which is really cool. Congrats on a great hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You.....You would think everyone is finding gold but the closest hunter in the bay this year is Scott with 10....I would guess one reason I do a lot of research and recon (foot work). Last year we did have one guy, Big Dave that got 36 but it's rare for anyone here to get more the 5 or 6 gold a year. I'm hoping it stays that way...;)

Incredible , congratulations !

Thank You, It's been a very Blessed Year.

:dingding: I am impressed by a few things with your hunt: the 3 golds, the age of your finds and THAT amount of sinkers. :wow:
Ok Felix it's up to you now, I got my even number..Your turn..:yes:

OOo those sinkers, only this one spot has ton's of them..the rest of the places I hunt, rare..unless I hunt in close to shore..then all of the other trash is there ...

Not bad. It's gotta be nice hunting from a goldfish bowl. Probably a lot of excitement during your research for you guys out there and then see it to fruition. The history part is cool. You guys all go for the prehistoric gold. My guess is that there are no recent drops where you hunt.

OBN....again you killed it this year. Always enjoy your posts.
Thanks Jim, You've had a good year also. Love your starfish!
When OBN posts, it's time to pay attention.
Thank You. RRF! I see Ed Roth when I see your name....:yes:..remember building some of his car models during the 60's

That's some real treasure there OBN and beautifully documented. Congrats on an amazing hunt! :wow::yes:
Thanks Compass

Those are absolutely incredible!! Very nice spot you found OBN. Beautiful rings also. I love the detail and stones on the first one.
Thanks Scuba, this one beach has given me close to 70 gold this year. Kind of spoiled me cause all I want to do is hunt there for the rings have been nothing like the other beach's I hunt. The bad is it's sanded in very bad and now and then I'll find little pockets open and get lucky. Like this hunt..

Not bad. It's gotta be nice hunting from a goldfish bowl. Probably a lot of excitement during your research for you guys out there and then see it to fruition. The history part is cool. You guys all go for the prehistoric gold. My guess is that there are no recent drops where you hunt.
Thanks Mr KOB....The state and counties made it so hard to get to those old beach's most don't even bother. It took me several years to figure it out, so I see very few hunter's. Fresh drop beach's we have several but even those are a real pain to get in, 6am to 9am hunting during the summer and since I suck at fresh drops..I rarely go. When I do go to the fresh drop beach's.... everyone is saying..what's joe doing..he's at the other end of the beach where no one swims...Little do they know the old beach was down that end..long forgotten..:shock:

Thanks Mr KOB....The state and counties made it so hard to get to those old beach's most don't even bother. It took me several years to figure it out, so I see very few hunter's. Fresh drop beach's we have several but even those are a real pain to get in, 6am to 9am hunting during the summer and since I suck at fresh drops..I rarely go. When I do go to the fresh drop beach's.... everyone is saying..what's joe doing..he's at the other end of the beach where no one swims...Little do they know the old beach was down that end..long forgotten..:shock:

That is funny...your at the wrong end of the beach and YOUR the one laughing !
So...basically when people show up , you don't hunt ? Or you CAN'T hunt ? I'm dumbfounded why others don't take the time and hunt these areas. You say others have only found a fraction compared to you. I was thinking they just don't hunt as often. But now I don't think that's the case. How do the states , counties make it hard to get to these sites. Close access points ? Idk

Water was perfect today, off shore winds, little snow and little chilly but could not pass it up when the tide is super low. A few old Golds, and Silvers but the sinkers killed me today. Could be the last of the gold for the year, and looking to a fresh start from "Zero"..Come 2020

Interesting the 18k Cigar band is Inscribed G.L to D.F Dec 16 - 88 (1888) Just a few days before it's time.. 130 years 351 days

very nice Joe...

Here is Joe prepping his dry suit for his next hunt...

Attachments

• SLARCDCOOZWOAR7MLU6MJJSLGU.jpg
    SLARCDCOOZWOAR7MLU6MJJSLGU.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 611
Those astronauts dont have anything on you Joe. Im way to lazy and dislike the cold to much to get into that get-up. I cant tell you the last time i saw a sinker...... let alone a collection like that. We hunted a beach yesterday with a pretty good trough..... and neither of us got a sinker...... but man there was a ton of round moving iron. Sweet on the gold.......i love those FAT ones. Another great year Joe. Now..... if the AQ gets here you may not need a weight belt :lol:

Outstanding!!! You gotta love that old gold Joe and your spot keeps giving it up too. That ring with the 3 red stones is my favorite but even having something with a date is always fun and amazing to see. Really puts you there back in the 1800's.

Im hoping to get a couple more hunts in this year in a similar spot but I still need to get that dry glove kit like you have. Good luck out there.

That is funny...your at the wrong end of the beach and YOUR the one laughing !
So...basically when people show up , you don't hunt ? Or you CAN'T hunt ? I'm dumbfounded why others don't take the time and hunt these areas. You say others have only found a fraction compared to you. I was thinking they just don't hunt as often. But now I don't think that's the case. How do the states , counties make it hard to get to these sites. Close access points ? Idk
Nope I hunt away for they have no clue on what to listen for...I've taken many hunters out on the boat to spots and yet they struggle to find more then a few coins. Only the Connecticut hunter understand how to hunt these spots...like Craig

Yes, when they closed the old beach's many were sold to the state, local parks (NO detectors allowed thru the gates) then the rest were sold to marina's, builder/developers. Some communities are Gated, all are private and allowing only guest and residents in and the beach's are gated. My advantage is I am retired and I have the resources,,... time to reconn these spots for cuts, holes, and open areas. I feel that gives me a big advantage over the locals.

Attachments

• OBN-0011.jpg
    OBN-0011.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 582
  • OBN-0012.jpg
    OBN-0012.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 603
Back
Top Bottom