Soccer Fields Give Up 111 coins

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Sue and I hit a pair of soccer fields over the weekend and dug a combined 111 coins worth $15.63. Sue dug a 1945 Wheat cent. Time is running out before the ground freezes and we have to hang up the detectors.

Attachments

• IMG_0559 (2).JPG
    IMG_0559 (2).JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 608
You do live up to your name, congrats on the nice clad haul. That's a lot of digging. And unfortunately old man winter is headed this way for most of us. Stay warm. HH Mark

Connecticut ? And only a single wheatie ?? What's up with that ? Where are all the large cents and colonial coppers ?? Oh wait, your avetar name is diggin-4-clad. Wrong post to rile up . Sorry . :laughing:

(congratz on all the coins )

You do live up to your name, congrats on the nice clad haul. That's a lot of digging. And unfortunately old man winter is headed this way for most of us. Stay warm. HH Mark
Thanks Mark....hopefully a couple more hunts this month.

Connecticut ? And only a single wheatie ?? What's up with that ? Where are all the large cents and colonial coppers ?? Oh wait, your avetar name is diggin-4-clad. Wrong post to rile up . Sorry . :laughing:

(congratz on all the coins )

Tom......we had to first dig up all the clad ...and the wheatie…...so that we could remove all the junk coins that mask the Colonials and large coppers. THEN we'll go back next time out and harvest all that old copper that makes you so envious.....and WRONGFULLY suspicious. BUT, we promise NOT to show every early copper we dig because we don't want to rub salt in your wounds, plus some will be on loan to others for posting purposes.

Last edited:
Some more very fine hunting for both you and Sue. Ed are you trying to put a few thistles into Tom's shoes to further agitate him? He rides with burrs in his saddle already and it's on purpose so he can keep his emotions on a high scale. Trapper

Some more very fine hunting for both you and Sue. Ed are you trying to put a few thistles into Tom's shoes to further agitate him? He rides with burrs in his saddle already and it's on purpose so he can keep his emotions on a high scale. Trapper

Trapper......Thanks for the compliment about our hunting. As far as Tom goes....NAH ! no need to put thistles in his shoes. I know for a fact that he's a "wanna-be" east Coast detectorist so that he can dig up a few of those schoolyard Coppers that we dig up here on a regular basis.:laughing:

Once again congrats to both Sue and yourself for a great clad haul. Do your soccer fields have concession stands seeing that you find so many clad coins ? I too hunt soccer fields here but they are not as clad laden as yours. I can usually manage a few coins but not like your totals. It looks like we'll have at least one more week to hunt. GL & HH.

Too bad it's cold where you are, we have 78degrees today! I like this global warming đź‘Ť
Around here "global warming" only happens in the summertime.:sun:

Once again congrats to both Sue and yourself for a great clad haul. Do your soccer fields have concession stands seeing that you find so many clad coins ? I too hunt soccer fields here but they are not as clad laden as yours. I can usually manage a few coins but not like your totals. It looks like we'll have at least one more week to hunt. GL & HH.
Thanks Ron...….some have concession stands but most of them do not. Of the ones that do sometimes they are a bit of a distance from the soccer field because the area we hunt also has other fields like baseball or basketball courts. Little League and softball league fields around here have concession stands more often than the soccer fields. Neither of the two soccer fields we hunted this past weekend had concession stands. The one I hunted on Saturday does get an awful lot of people there so it's no surprise that it produces a lot of coins. Our Sunday hunt was a ways from home so I have no idea how many people attend their games there but it must be quite a lot because the soccer field has a lighting system for night games and a huge parking lot.

Nice clad haul, that is a huge quantity of coins recovered, excellent!
Thank You......we had a good day digging

Wow , you two continue to amaze me with all that clad . Congrats !
Thanks SS...…..it's been a pretty good year for us with clad.

Now THAT is a lot of holes, especially when you consider how many holes that didn't have coins. Got wore out just thinking about it.:yes: Nothing wrong with extra battery money !! Great haul between the two of you. Congrats.

That’s some great clad count! Gotta be gold rings there...
Thanks GroundSweeper….if there's any gold rings there, we didn't find them...….yet ;)

Now THAT is a lot of holes, especially when you consider how many holes that didn't have coins. Got wore out just thinking about it.:yes: Nothing wrong with extra battery money !! Great haul between the two of you. Congrats.
Thanks foreverRich, actually there weren't too many holes without coins, a few pull tabs though and a couple of pieces of can slaw:lol: Won't be using the cash for batteries though....I use my clad to buy silver at the end of the hunt season. Sue uses her finds to go shopping:yes:

WOW, and a lot of surface finds too! Nice!
Thanks TommyJay…...of all these coins only one of the nickels was a surface find. The photo was taken after I cleaned and tumbled the coins.
The majority of the coins were at the 3-4 inch depth and were coming out of the ground a dark brown with a few that had an orange colored tint.

That is a killer clad haul, as usual for you. Takes a pro to get results like that. I bet there is not much left in them soccer fields either!
I think my small coil discipline was real bad, I put a Cors Cannon on the ATPRO and it seems like I hit more targets. What size coil do you run on them soccer fields?

That is a killer clad haul, as usual for you. Takes a pro to get results like that. I bet there is not much left in them soccer fields either!
I think my small coil discipline was real bad, I put a Cors Cannon on the ATPRO and it seems like I hit more targets. What size coil do you run on them soccer fields?
Thanks Dave.....I run the stock AT Pro 8x11 double D coil and Sue uses the stock 9 inch concentric coil that comes with her White's TreasureMaster.

Thanks Dave.....I run the stock AT Pro 8x11 double D coil and Sue uses the stock 9 inch concentric coil that comes with her White's TreasureMaster.

Thanks D4C, that makes sense to me. I love this big Cors Cannon but have found it very sensitive to EMI. Some places I have to turn down the sensitivity quite a bit where never had to with the 5x8. Kinda sucks as I was wanting the depth the big Cors brings...

Back
Top Bottom