1890 Morgan Silver Dollar

Splix76

I went back to the same area I found the 1922 Silver Peace Dollar at, and found an 1890 Morgan about 20 feet away. I suspect there are more coins here, as a two silver dollar coin spill is less likely than a coin stash being pushed around by the plow over the years, IMO.

I plan to hit this area hard over the next few days and watch like a hawk for when the field is turned over next spring. I'll be out there as many hours as I can as soon as I see turned soil.

IMG_20191111_200652.jpgIMG_20191111_200642.jpg
IMG_20191111_174604.jpgIMG_20191111_174614.jpg

WOW, Great find, congratulations. If you need any help, I am available !!!

Thanks for the offers of help, for now I am going to keep this one under wraps. I want to run my Nox 800 (picking up early 2020) over it for the multi-frequency and better detection than my existing F2.

I have a bit of silver fever right now, looking for every opening in my schedule to get out there and try to find another big silver coin.

I offer you my same self-sacrificing services of receiving that silver dollar from you. To absolve you of all guilt feelings for having dug that on public land without permission. And this time ........ I'll even go a step further and pay postage. Ok ?

I offer you my same self-sacrificing services of receiving that silver dollar from you. To absolve you of all guilt feelings for having dug that on public land without permission. And this time ........ I'll even go a step further and pay postage. Ok ?

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I would not feel right placing such a burden on you.

And I would counter that I do have permission, as it's public state owned land, I pay taxes in this state and am part of the public, and with that said authority fully authorize my expeditions on said land. :)

I love to see you are pulling big silver Public! You did the research and got into an amazing location! You own that place! Might be a gold coin in there waiting for you? Something big went down there for the pair of silver dollars getting lost? :clapping::cheers3:

Thanks for the well wishing. I am very excited to purchase my Nox 800, been saving towards it all year and expect to pull the purchase trigger in Jan or Feb next year. So when they turn this soil I'll be there, I may even take a few days off work and just work the earth till it hurts. I suspect there are more silvers here and want to find them all.

I went back to the same area I found the 1922 Silver Peace Dollar at, and found an 1890 Morgan about 20 feet away. I suspect there are more coins here, as a two silver dollar coin spill is less likely than a coin stash being pushed around by the plow over the years, IMO.

One could hope! Good luck finding another 100% (seriously, I hope you do!)

That is the kind of place that I dream about. One silver dollar would put me over the moon and you have found two.

A heart-stopper for most of us. That Morgan is a pretty high grade piece. Never found a SILVER dollar in almost forty years detecting, still on my bucket list.

A heart-stopper for most of us. That Morgan is a pretty high grade piece. Never found a SILVER dollar in almost forty years detecting, still on my bucket list.

I am very impressed with the level of detail on the coin. It's part of what makes me think these two coins are part of a forgotten buried stash, as the condition is very good for 1890.

I'll be out there for hours this weekend with better digging tools hoping to find any other old coins around.

Back
Top Bottom