Hurricane Dorian Score!!!

onthespot

Elite Member
After striking out on Vero Beach, I said what the heck and hopped on I-95 and made the short little run up to Myrtle Beach yesterday. I finally arrived about 11pm to find the hotel I paid for on Booking.com boarded up and empty. Ended up finding a room about 15 mins from the beach. After about 3.5 hours of sleep, I was out on the beach around 4 a.m. Did not take long to realize that I left my Sov Gt battery back in my hotel room. After all the running around, I settled in for a nice 6 hour hunt. Unlike Vero that was loaded with can slaw, this beach had hardly any trash. It took my about 4 hours to get it dailed in and figure out what was going on with the sand. I Found a ton of old crusty quarters and nickels, a few pennies and dimes. Once I figured the beach out, I got 3 heavy egg sinkers and I knew it wouldnt be long, 10 minutes later a big tugston ring popped out. 25 minutes later, a nice 14K diamond ladies band showed up. After that, I made my way back to the car. I'm planning on hitting it hard for tonights low tide.

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_110359.jpg
    IMG_20190906_110359.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_20190906_110418.jpg
    IMG_20190906_110418.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 921
  • IMG_20190906_110509.jpg
    IMG_20190906_110509.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 920
  • IMG_20190906_095648.jpg
    IMG_20190906_095648.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 942
Nice but , we're is the 1715 fleet treasure off Vero how bought it , never mind , I see your in Myrtle now, :roll: , you gave up to soon, you could have hunted all the beaches their , anyway it's your trip, have a nice time , congrats on the gold.

Vero sucked, thick sand and aluminum every where. Cops came out to kick me off the beach and I talked them I to letting me stay a few hours. He said the only reason they were letting me stay, was because I was using a red headlamp, and not a regular white light. I know those are good beaches, I just have to spend the time to learn them.

Congrats on the 14K! Debating on hitting the coast tomorrow up here in the northeast. Not sure if I want to get pelted with rain and wind all day though :roll: good luck on your return trip!

Onthe spot, Great hunt buddy! Where have you been? Like you disappeared off the earth...:shock:

Onthe spot, Great hunt buddy! Where have you been? Like you disappeared off the earth...:shock:

Hey buddy, I really haven't hunted since moving back to the States. Didn't help that I sold all 5 ofnmy machines Soon after returning. About 7 or 8 months ago, I picked up a Sov GT and it's just been sitting until recently. I have been hunting/Digging Indian artifacts, for awhile, but swinging that Sov for the last few days brought back a lot of great memories. I forget how much I love detecting.

http://www.mdhtalk.org/articles/beaches/1715-fleet/1715-article.pdf , Wish i was down thier i would have taked you into staying , the window of opertunity is slim to none to find 1715 fleet coin's , this weekend was One of them , Happy Hunting , Earl

Surf Master I would of loved to meet up with you. I had downloaded that article to my phone before I left, but I never took the time to read it. I just read the whole thing, and it was a mistake not to have read it before I left. A lot of great info. Thank you!!!

No problem

Two different years i hunted in May -both times, 5 weeks total, the beaches were sanded in, all the treasure is 3- foot plus down, would have loved to have been thier when You Were , as that window of opertunity only opens once in a blue moon, instead of chacing the storm , i would have stayed put, as all the treasure coast is open, PS you can alway's find gold but 300 year gold is much better :yes: take care , Earl PS to boot that dune wall that got washed away , i could again only emagine what lied in it :shock::money::money::money::money::imo:

Back
Top Bottom